Every user would wish to update their existing installed Operating System when new updates are released. However, updating OS provides improved performance of system, easy access of applications, etc. Windows 8.1 is the new upgraded version of Window 8 OS and it has new features like new start menu, power off button, multiple tasking window and new app store, etc. Nowadays most users avoid usage of CD/DVD drive; instead, they make use of USB drive for all other purpose. In that way, you can also install OS in your system hard drive using USB. Read here to know how to install Windows 8.1 from USB drive in few simple steps.
- Initially you have to make your USB as bootable device
- After making your USB bootable, insert it into your PC and restart it
- After few seconds it boots automatically and displays Windows setup wizard
- Click on Next button and after this click on Install option
- Next, accept the license agreement and click on Next
- Choose “custom: Install Windows only (advance)” option.
- Displays list of drives available in your hard drive; choose the drive where you wish to install Windows 8.1
- Next format the selected drive and click on Next
- After this, installation set up will be initialized and it would take nearly 10-15 minutes to get completed
- After successful completion of the process your PC automatically restarts
- New Windows starts and follow the on screen instructions to complete the process successfully
By following all the above-mentioned steps, you can successfully install Windows 8.1 OS on your system using USB. However, while installing if you have come across data loss scenarios and wishing to recover them back then no need to worry; you can easily recover all lost files with the use of advanced Windows data recovery software like Remo Recover Windows.