You all know the pleasures of true multitasking features in the Android Smartphones. The ability to have multiple apps open simultaneously is what you think as a productive, fun, useful and necessity. But, Android users must remember that while you are using the multitasking feature on your smartphones you will have several programs running at once, those programs might eventually slow down your smartphone and even crash your device, no matter how high-end your phone you are using.
How do you manage your apps on your phone? There’s a simple answer to keep the slowdown to a minimum and prevent your smartphone from crashing. Here’s a specific and cheaper solution to manage your apps on Android smartphones. Just use your device’s built-in Task Manager. This article will guide you on how to effectively manage your apps on the Android smartphones.
Installing Android Applications
In order to install an Android application onto the device in question, proceed with the following steps:
- Using the Applications Menu, open the Android Marketplace
- Here, you can find the find the desired application. Then, use the “Search” option to find a specific one or simply browse until you locate them
- Each application should come with its own rating and description. Evaluate carefully
- Simply click on the “application” and view more details then just hit the “Install” button towards the bottom of the screen
- Now simply agree to the terms and the app will be installed
Customizing Apps on the Home Screen(s)
Now know how to manage the details of your apps and now if you want to change the appearance and accessibility of your apps then just follow these instructions:
- First, go to “Apps”
- Select the app you want to move to the home screen and hold down your finger for two-three seconds
- A screen will pop up giving you various options for the app; select the top option, “Add to Home”
- Now, the app will appear on your main Home Screen (at the center of the home screen)
- If you want to move the app around the main home screen, then select and hold your finger on the app and the screen will shrink and a grid will appear, then just remove the finger
- Now, to move the app keep your finger on the app and drag the app to another place on the home screen grid. Then just remove your finger and the home screen will go back to normal size
- In order to move your app to another home screen, select the app and hold it down for two to three seconds. Now, just drag the app either to the left or to the right to engage the other home screen
- Using these techniques, you can organize your apps by category
Updating an app
Whenever a new version of any app is available, the Updates Available notification icon appears. And you can just update the app using the below explained steps:
- First, Turn on the phone's Wi-Fi access, if it's available
- Choose the updated app; touch it to view more details about the app
- Touch an app that is with the Update Available flag and hit the “Update” button
- If you receive any warning messages, just hit “OK”
- Read any services that the app uses on your phone and then touch the “OK” button and the update is downloaded
- After the download is complete, pull down the notifications and select the downloaded app from the notification list
- When you first start the updated app, you may be asked to agree (again) for the licensing terms
- Touch the “I Agree” button, if necessary
- Now you can start using the app
Uninstalling Android Applications
Sometimes you feel that you might not need some apps and decide to remove them. For this you first have to uninstall them and then clear the memory. Uninstalling is as simple as it was to install it. Read on
- Open the Android Menu
- Go to the “Settings” icon and select “Applications”
- Next, click on “Manage”
- You will receive a list of all the installed applications
- Select the one to be uninstalled and simply click “Uninstall”
Now, the application will be uninstalled. However, uninstalling does not clear up your memory. The related to the app will still be present of your smartphone memory and in your Cache. Hence, before uninstalling just opt for Clear Data option and then click on “Empty Cache” tab. This will remove all your data related to the app and frees up the space.
Be careful, before opting any of these options i.e. uninstall, clear data and Empty cache, and make sure that you have selected the correct app. As this would lead to loss of your important app and files related to app i.e. .apk files. For example, when you erase files for an app called Facebook, the other saved game apps that are associated with this app will also get erased. Also, sometimes emptying the cache unknowingly or you may mistakenly uninstall and remove your favorite and useful app. Hence, be careful while using these options. In case you encounter such data loss cases, make use of the Remo Recover for Android app to restore all the lost photos /files on Android, that too within just few minutes.
In conclusion, you can easily install, customize the appearance, update the apps, uninstall apps, empty the cache and completely erase the data for an entire application. This will help your Android device run smoother and free up some space for new downloads.