Outlook calendar is one of the major features provided by Microsoft for their Outlook users. It is fully integrated with all emails and contacts to enhance work speed with its extraordinary scheduling features. Calendars can be used to create events and appointments, arrange meetings, view events in different ways, send calendars to recipient, and manage other user’s calendar and many more.
At times users may mess up with all these options provided. Hence, would find difficult to use and manage these Outlook calendar features. Below are some of the important tips that help manage your Outlook calendar effectively, just read on…
- You can change the appearance and arrangement of calendar by going to “View” tab which provides many styles that can be employed according to your requirement or according to organizational needs. Additionally, you can even change the color of calendar depending on your desire
- Create appointment which can remind at specific date and time. While creating appointments you can not only provide subject of appointment but you can also mention details such as where the appointment is scheduled and when is the commencement etc.
- Crete meeting where you can gather your friends, colleagues, employees etc. most of the peoples get confused with appointment and meeting. The major difference between appointment and meeting is, appointment is personal info which is not shared with others and when it is informed or shared with others then it is considered as meeting in Outlook terms
- Suppose you want to postpone or cancel scheduled meeting and you wish to inform all your recipients then no need to worry as you can surely cancel or modify your meeting. This can be done by first opening calendar event in Outlook calendar and make necessary changes and then use “Send Update” option to update all the recipients. If you desire to cancel meeting then just making use of “Cancel Meeting” option and then use of “Send Cancelation” option.
- You may be at times busy when the reminder for appointment or event pops up. Thus to avoid such situation you can make use of “Appointment Recurrence” option where you can set duration and range of time for reappearance of event, pattern or recurrence etc. Moreover you can also get alerted by some sound track when there is any event
- Sharing calendars is a great option which is provided in Outlook where you can share calendars with others, you can open calendars from different sources or you can as well create and save calendars.
Also, in case you delete your Outlook calendar accidentally or lose them due to some unavoidable situations, Use Remo Repair Outlook (PST) tool to easily recover Outlook calendar within matter of minutes. The tool supports all available Outlook versions. These are some of the basic tips that help easy management of your Outlook calendars.