Mac OS X comprises of Disk utility application that helps you to resize disk partition and even you can modify a mounted volume. With this tool, you can enlarge or shrink the size of an existing partition regardless of whether the drives are internal or an external one. Most users always wish to resize their existing partition for making a number of partitions for managing stored data. However, with lack knowledge about it they will fail and finally end up with errors. Therefore, here I am explaining the procedure by stepwise. You just go through them one by one and make it.
- Initially open the “Application” folder, choose “Utilities” and then select “Disk Utility”
- Choose the hard disk drive in the left column you wish to modify the partition
- Choose the “Partition” tab. If the partition tab does not appear, you have not selected a physical drive.
- Choose the volume you wish to resize
- Drag the bottom right-hand corner of the volume to the preferred size or enter an exact amount in the “Size” box.
- Click “Apply”
By following above said steps, you can easily resize existing partitions to desired size in OS X. However, sometimes if may lose partition data when you do not follow proper procedure or else while choosing modify option if you go with delete option then whole data stored on that partition will get deleted. In such instance, do not panic suddenly as your data not lost forever instead hidden in hard disk only. Just make use of Remo Recover Mac tool, with this you can restore that partition along with all the files as they were before. In addition, this tool excellent in recovering data from hard disk on Mac OS X with regardless of reasons behind it. Even this tool comes more handy to get back deleted iTunes songs on Mac in a simple way.