Laptops are the portable hand-held computers that can be easily carried to any place at any time wherever you go. Due to this portability feature, laptop computers can be extremely convenient. However, at times, this would lead power problems that is your laptop battery could drain easily. Your laptop or notebook begins experiencing power problems. This would cause a great deal of frustration and make your computer unusable.
Laptop power issues are commonly caused by the computer's battery or power supply. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. Just read on...
- First and foremost thing to be done is to make sure that the laptop's battery is properly attached to the bottom of your laptop. If the battery is not properly attached, the laptop will not charge or run on battery power.
- Calibrate your laptop's battery which involves fully draining and then fully charging the laptop battery this resolves the common problems and improve its performance.
- Observe your laptop's AC adapter and make sure you are using the correct power supply, first make sure that the laptop model number should be clearly printed on the AC adapter. If it does not match with your computer, then it could be causing the power problems.
- Try connecting your laptop's power supply to a different electrical outlet and then check the AC adapter to see what level of voltage your laptop model supports. In case you are using a foreign adapter or an incompatible outlet converter, the laptop will not charge correctly. Hence make sure they are compatible.
- If you are connecting your power adapter to a surge protector, make sure the surge protector is turned on and connected to a working outlet.
- Now, just contact your laptop's manufacturer to find out if your laptop is still under warranty. If it is, then the manufacturer may be able to replace the laptop's battery or power supply, depending on which is causing the power problems.
With these you can troubleshoot your laptop power problems. If you find that this is a very tedious process and need an automated laptop power management software to make things easy, then just go for Remo MORE suite. It just requires a few mouse clicks and then just simply does the hard work for you. With this app, you can create custom power plans and easily fix all power problems on laptop.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.