ActiveX controls permits some applications to run on your system. They might pop up when you are watching a video clip or playing game online. If you disable them then your system refuses to run any application that needs ActiveX but they are quite a few nowadays. Just go on reading this article and know how to enable ActiveX controls in Windows 8 in few steps. Follow mentioned steps to turn on ActiveX controls in Windows 8.
- Open Internet Explorer on your system and click on the "Tools" menu at the top
- Select "Internet Options" from the list under the "Tools" menu
- Click on "Security" tab in the menu that opens
- Click the "Internet" icon if it is not already chosen and click the "Custom Level" button below it
- Scroll down until you preview a section labeled "ActiveX controls and plug-ins." There will be various options underneath it that each offers the "Disable" and "Enable" choice.
- Click on "Enable" under "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting." Click "Ok."
- Click "Ok" in the remaining menu. Close Internet Explorer. The next time you open it, ActiveX should work.
After following above said instructions one can easily switch on Active X controls in his/her Windows 8 system. However, if you wish to have more security, then leave settings as they are. Each time browse in your system, an Active X control plug-in attempt to run a yellow box that will pop up at the top of the web page and you have to click on that to permit or not permit the Active X to run.
Suppose if you are facing slow internet browsing speed and do not know how to set up network settings manually then utilize Remo MORE application. This is the automated and reliable application to speed up internet connection on Windows based machines gradually.