Mac released its latest sibling Mountain Lion in July 25 2012. Many people say that it is the last completed operating system that aided help from Steve Jobs. Now Macintosh is flying high because of the mountain lion. People who don’t want to lose their old friend always want to be updated each and every minute. If you are a Mac user and you are looking to update your Mac operating system to Mountain Lion then this is the right place that you have spotted in.
The thing that has to be handled carefully while installing Mac Mountain Lion is.
- General Requirements
- Supported models
- How to update Mac Mountain Lion?
- Why need for a Mountain Lion?
The minimal requirements for installing Mac Mountain Lion OS are.
- A PC with Mac OS X v 10.6.8 or higher versions installed.
- 2 GB of memory.
- A disk drive with minimum 8 GB of disk space.
- And Apple id with internet facility.
Supported PC Models for Mountain Lion:
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
In all these PC that contains only Intel processor can support Mountain Lion.
How to update Mac Mountain Lion?
So far now Mountain Lion released versions are Darwin 12.0(10.8.0), Darwin 12.1 (10.8.1), Darwin 12.2 (10.8.2) and Darwin 12.3 (10.8.3).
For Snow Leopard users:
- If you think that your PC and operating system passes this category then do as given below.
- Before starting make sure that your system has Mountain Lion support by clicking “About this Mac”
- If your previously running Lion OS then you can directly purchase the Mac OS mountain lion from Mac store
- If your are using Mac OS X Snow Leopard or lower versions, first try to update the Mac PC with the latest Snow Leopard version. For further details please visit the Mac website for updating to Snow Leopard version. After installing Snow Leopard latest version start from the first step.
- Within a due course of time Mac OS X Mountain Lion will be updated with ease.
- And one stage you will be asked to purchase the Mountain Lion operating system using your Apple id.
Some special features of Mac Mountain Lion:
- iCloud tool is one of the major plus that stands near to Mountain Lion. It can successfully sync all your data from your iphones, ipod and ipod very efficiently from anywhere and at any time.
- More over it has been enhanced in other fields too like remainders, notes, iMessages, Notification Center, Power Nap, Dictation using siri, Gate keeper, sharing, status update etc...
Though there are many special features and there are some disadvantages too.
- While updating to Mac Mountain Lion OS the applications that is installed in prior version are carried over due to supportability issues.
- The user defined data stored inside the logical drive can be deleted during the updation process.
- The journal file may corrupt and you may lose some of your most needed data which might be needed in the future.
Incase if the deleted data is needed in the future, only advanced recovery software like Remo Recover Mac can perform Mac Lion data recovery and roll back the deleted data. As the data recovery may happen across resized partitions it is the only tool that is highly powered.