In Mac OS, some files and directories are invisible or you can say hidden for good reason. It usually means that you do not have to worry at all for these hidden files and folders. However, in case you find that you are in need of these hidden files, folders, and want to make them visible than what you will do. If you do not have any idea, then just read the information below.
In order to view hidden files and folders in Mac OS X system you need to perform some actions in Terminal command. Follow below mentioned steps carefully to unhide all files and folders on Mac OS X.
- Go to Applications/utilities directory, find Terminal application, and double click on it to launch
- Type the following command -> default writes com.apple.finderAppleShowAllFiles TRUE
- Next close your Mac OS X session by closing Finder and restart your system to see the results
- Now you can view all hidden files and folders in Mac Finder easily
- To reverse this actions, type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE in terminal command
By following above-mentioned instructions, one can easily view all hidden files and folders in Mac OS. If due to any reason, you are not able to perform this process or by mistaken you enter, wrong commands then there are chances of data loss. However, you do not have to worry at all, as even after these instances you can easily get back lost data on Mac by using Remo Recover Mac utility. This user friendly data recovery utility will help you to recover deleted files, folders and even you can recover data after formatting Mac volumes.