Android is the most popular and widely used mobile operating system developed by Google. From the day it was released, it came up with newer versions having updated features. The first Android version was Android 1.0 and then it came up with Android 1.1, Cupcake (1.5), Donut (1.6), Eclair (2.0 – 2.1), Froyo (2.2), Gingerbread (2.3), Honeycomb(3.0), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) and Jelly Bean (4.1 and 4.2), the latest one. Gingerbread was launched in 2010 and it is still the dominant among all these versions.
Now, the newest version is Jelly Bean, which has now overtaken its predecessor Ice cream Sandwich. At present Android Jelly Bean covers 28.4 percent of the total Android users, whereas Ice cream Sandwich which was launched in 2011 is just 27. 5 percent. Both of them have their own specialty and features. Jelly Bean has two versions like Android 4.1 and 4.2. But Android Jelly Bean has several improved features and new functionality which lead to its popularity. It has been improved in terms of its speed and the visual appearance. We get fast, fluid and smooth experience in Jelly Bean.
Some of the updated and newly added features of Jelly Bean are detailed below:
- Google Play apps and Widgets: You can easily personalize your home screen with Jelly Bean. As and when you place widgets on the screen, it gets arranged accordingly and even gets resized on its own.
- Looks: The looks and design just similar to its predecessor i.e. Ice cream Sandwich, but it allows users to add high-resolution pictures for their contacts, which can be pulled right from their Google+ profiles.
- Smarter keyboard and Gesture Typing: Writing messages on Jelly Bean has been made easier than Ice Scream Sandwich with the introduction of Gesture Typing. You just have to glide your finger over the letters you want to type, and lift after each word. You don’t have to worry about spaces since they will be added automatically. The keyboard is designed in such a way that it can anticipate and predict the next word, hence you can message easily and quickly.
- Google Now: Google Now is the most coolest and creepy feature of Jelly Bean, which did not exist in its earlier versions. It provides you the recent updates of every issue. It shows weather reports, the train schedules , the score of the game even when it was not explicitly set, it even provides you the information about the traffic conditions from your work to home. In addition, it even supports the voice based search on your Jelly Bean devices.
- Project Butter: There are a few changes in how graphics display in Jelly Bean. When you open and close an app in Jelly Bean, you will get a zooming action where you used to get a pinching action on Ice cream Sandwich. The speed and the smoothness of the display are the noticeable actions. It’s as smooth as the butter.
- Speed: Everything in Jelly Bean makes you feel fast and fluid. Its speedy transition helps you to move between home screens and switch between apps effortlessly compared to Ice cream Sandwich. It is more reactive and provides uniform touch responses. In Jelly Bean, the browser will load web pages even faster than in previous OS version i.e. Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Easier Photo Viewing: Jelly Bean doesn’t need a separate gallery app to be launched from the camera app to sort the photos. It adds easier editing and even sorting capabilities, and thus one can quickly switch between camera and filmstrip view. That is users get straight to the pictures from the camera mode faster than the Ice cream Sandwich. Since, it’s fast, smooth and enables you to view your pics from your camera mode; there are huge chances of losing your favorite photos. Hence, when such unexpected situations occur, instead of worrying about it just make use of the Remo Recover for Android tool and recover your lost photos on Android Jelly Bean and also from Ice Cream Sandwich easily.
- Android Beam: Using this Android Beam, you can easily share your pictures and videos by just a simple tap. Just touch two NFC-enabled Android devices back-to-back, and then just tap to share the pics or any video etc. whatever is present on the screen to your friend.
Android Jelly Bean is a right option for those who are more interested in apps and the other aspects of the mobile phones; else most of the features are just the revised or updated ones of Ice Cream Sandwich. Among them, Google Now and Gesture typing are the notable features of Jelly Bean. On a whole, Jelly Bean is gives you an ultimate touch screen experience, with its smooth and fluid screen.