Have you ever thought of the advantages of having Exchange mailbox data on a cloud platform like Office 365? If you have internet connectivity, then emails in Office 365 can be universally accessible. So for this purpose, many users are moving their offline Outlook Data file (OST) to Office 365. There are various methods by which you can do this.
So how to import OST emails to Office 365 account?
You cannot directly move Outlook to Office 365 environment. You can convert OST file to PST and then upload to Office 365 account. Additionally, you can also make use of any third-party tool to directly save OST emails in Office 365.
Here are the steps to import OST emails to Office 365 after converting to PST:
The 2 main steps involved in this process are:
- Convert OST file to PST
- Migrate PST file to Office 365
Step 1: Convert OST to PST
There are a few ways by which you can convert OST file to PST:
- Creating a new PST file and then copying OST data into it
- Using archive feature of Outlook
- Using the Export feature of Microsoft Outlook
- Using a third-party OST to PST conversion software
Creating new PST file and copying OST items
This method moves mailbox items to a new PST file.
- Start Microsoft Outlook application
- Create a new PST file
- Copy items from the required mailbox folder and paste it into the PST file
Using Archive feature of Outlook
- Start Outlook, and go to File – Cleanup Tools – Archive
- Select a file / folder
- Browse the destination where you want to save the file, click OK
- An archive is created
Info: All mailbox items can be archived except Outlook Contacts
Using the Export feature of Outlook
- Start Outlook, go to File – Open & Export-Import / Export
- Now select Export to a file option and click Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next
- Now select the folders you want to export (Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked), and click Next
- Browse to provide the destination location for the exported file. Click Finish to complete the process.
Note: This method will work only when the user account is connected to Microsoft Exchange Server
Step 2: Migrate PST file to Office 365
There are various methods by which you can migrate PST file to Office 365.
- Uploading to Office 365 using Azure AzCopy
- Drive shipping to Microsoft
- Use third party tool
You need to follow each step properly because if you go wrong then there are chances of losing certain files. But you don’t have to worry about it because, with the help of Remo Outlook backup, you can easily move Outlook data to Office 365. This Outlook Migration tool will safely backup entire Outlook data in just a short while, and migrate it to Office 365 without losing any data.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.