Office 365 is a very useful platform to store data such as emails, files or any other data on the cloud platform. Hence, it is very resourceful to have important data such as emails saved on Office 365, as these emails could come in handy whenever you need them. However, you need to follow proper methods to migrate OST emails to Office 365. By adhering to the end of the article you will be able to import OST to Office 365 safely.
How to import OST emails to Office 365 account?
You cannot directly move Outlook to Office 365 environment. In order to import OST to Office 365, you have to first convert the OST file to PST. The converted file can then be uploaded to Office 365 account. Additionally, you can also make use of any third-party tool to directly save OST emails in Office 365.
Here are the steps to import OST to Office 365 after converting to PST:
The 2 main steps involved in this process are:
- Convert OST file to PST
- Migrate PST file to Office 365
Step 1: Convert OST to PST
Using the Export feature of Outlook
- Start Outlook, go to File – Open & Export-Import / Export
- Now select Export to a file option and click Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next
- Now select the folders you want to export (Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked), and click Next
- Browse to provide the destination location for the exported file. Click Finish to complete the process.
Although you can convert OST to PST with the Import/export wizard, there are a few drawbacks to this method. This method will not help you convert the data such as message rules, custom views, meeting schedules, folder properties, and other attributes
Luckily, you can convert OST to PST completely without losing any data. You have to utilize a trusted OST to PST converter, in order to convert the entire Outlook data.
All your time and resources in converting the OST file could be wasted if you are unable to use the converted PST file. Hence, it is important not to miss out on any information while converting OST to PST. Remo OST to PST converter is a powerful software that can convert OST to PST effectively. The tool is very advantageous in converting OST files that are corrupted or inaccessible. Download and install the software now.
A safer way to convert Outlook data with Remo Convert OST to PST
Download and install Remo OST to PST converter on your computer. Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- From the main screen click on Open PST file, browse for the OST file and click on Next.
- Select the destination path to save the converted OST file and click on Convert
- After the conversion process is completed, click on Finish and navigate to the destination folder to find you convert OST file
You can also try Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate, an all in one tool to migrate, backup and restore Outlook data.
Step 2: Migrate PST file to Office 365
Here are various methods by which you can migrate the PST file to Office 365.
Drive shipping to Microsoft
If you have huge amounts of emails to be migrated to Office 365, it might take a lot of time and resources to upload the emails. One convenient way of migrating emails is by shipping the drive to Microsoft.
In order to ship your data to Microsoft, you have to copy the PST files to a hard drive and ship the drive to one of Microsoft’s physical location. Microsoft then copies and uploads the data from a disk drive to Office 365.
If your Outlook crashes while using Office 365 click here to fix it.
Upload your PST files to Office 365 using Azure AzCopy
Firstly, log in to Microsoft Office 365 account and follow the below-mentioned steps
- From the Security & Compliance Center, navigate to Information governance > Import > Import PST files.
- Click on New import job in the Import PST file page, provide a new job name and click on Next
- Now, choose the Upload your data option and click on Next
- From the Import data page, click on Show network upload SAS URL.
- Once, the SAS URL is displayed, click Copy to clipboard and then paste it and save it to a Notepad.
- Now, click Download Azure AzCopy to download and install the AzCopy tool.
- Open the Microsoft Azure AzCopy tool and type hereAzCopy.exe /Source:<File location>/Dest:<SAS URL>/V<location where you want to save the log file>/AzCopy.log /Y
Important Note: In the step mentioned above, the File location is the path where you have saved the PST file to be uploaded. SAS URL is the URL that was copied to the Notepad.
The steps to import OST to Office 365 mentioned in the article should be followed carefully because if you go wrong then there are chances of losing certain files. But you don’t have to worry about it because, with the help of Remo Outlook backup, you can easily migrate Outlook data to Office 365. This Outlook Migration tool will safely backup entire Outlook data in just a short while, and migrate it to Office 365 without losing any data.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.