Have you been using Windows OS for a long time and now wish to switch to Mac OS? Purchasing a new machine and using Mac OS is a costly thing. But, if we think of Mac's graphical user interface, everyone likes to use it.
Do not worry, you can run Mac OS on a Windows system and can feel accessing of Mac OS without purchasing a new system. Now, the question arises in your mind how to do it? Do not worry, in this article, I’m going to explain to you how to run Mac OS on a Windows PC. Follow below mentioned instructions to run Mac OS easily.
If you like to install Mountain Lion then your Windows should be of 54 bit. In case your Windows is a 32-bit system then install Snow Leopard. Before installing Mac OS, make sure that your PC consists of a dual-core processor and a minimum of 4 GB of RAM.
Method 1: Create a Bootable Installation Drive
It requires a bit of technical expertise to do this, make sure you do it very carefully if you are doing it for the first time.
- Open the Mac App Store on your Mac, sign in with your Apple ID, and Download the latest version on macOS.
- Restart your Mac and press and hold Command + R to enter recovery mode.
- Once you notice the Apple logo and a progress bar appear on the screen, release the Command + R and wait till the macOS recovery loads.
- Now click on utilities and select terminal, and in the terminal type “csrutil disable" and press enter.
- You’ll have to wait till the “SIP has been disabled” message gets displayed.
- Now you can restart the Mac.
- While the device gets booted, plug in the USB and open Disk Utility and the left column select the USB and erase.
- In the pop-up menu choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format, click on Erase, and click on Done.
- Install and run the Unibeast app and once the app setup is complete you can see a window with the USB that was set up earlier, you can click on continue.
- Select Catalina and click on Continue.
- In the next window select either UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode and click on Continue. If you are using any older hardware then select Legacy Boot Mode.
- Choose either NVIDIA or ATI graphics card and click on Continue.
- Once confirm your selection, enter your password if asked and click on OK.
- The Unibeast app will create the installation media, and wait till the process is completed.
1.1 Install macOS on Windows PC using Installation USB
Now that you have your bootable USB ready, you can install macOS on your Windows PC now:
- Enter the Clover boot screen and click on Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina.
- Select your desired language click on Continue and select Disk Utility from the utilities menu.
- Locate the PC hard drive in the left column, click on it, and select Erase.
- Select a name for the drive, choose APFS as the format, and click on Erase.
- In the main macOS utilities menu select and install macOS and hit Continue.
- Repeat the last step if prompted again, and after that, your Windows PC will reboot, if macOS doesn’t get automatically loaded you can select macOS Catalina from the bootloader.
Method 2: Install and Set up a Virtual Box
- A virtual box is required to install before installing Mac OS, which allows Mac OS install CD can boot correctly.
- Run the virtual box and click on the “New” button. Rename the virtual machine as Mac OS and set the OS to Mac OS.
- Now click on Next and select RAM to run the virtual machine. If you are using more size of RAM then give more. It is better to provide 4 GB of RAM for the virtual machine.
- Again click on Next and click Create New Disk to create your fresh disk in VDI format and allocate storage space dynamically. Once you are done, Virtual Box will take you to the main screen.
- Now, right-click on the Mac OS machine in the left sidebar and click settings. In that, select the System sections and uncheck Enable EFI.
- Under settings, click on the Storage section and choose the CD icon that says Empty under Storage Type. Next, click the CD icon next to the CD/DVD Drive dropdown, and click on Choose a virtual CD/DVD Disk File. Choose the HackBoot 1 ISO and click OK.
2.1 Install macOS in Virtual Box
- Choose a Mac OS machine in the virtual box and click on the start button in the toolbar that will take you to the HackBoot boot screen
- Now click on the CD icon to choose the virtual CD/DVD disk file and select Mountain Lion ISO
- Go to HackBoot boot screen and press F5 meanwhile, it will reload the boot menu select Mac OS, and press Enter. After a few minutes, it will take to the installation screen
- After selecting language check on terms and conditions. You may notice that Mac OS does not show a hard drive. To fix this problem, head up to the menu bar and click on utilities > disk utility
- Select the virtual box hard drive and click the Erase tab in Disk Utility’s main pane. Give your Drive name and click Erase
- After formatting your drive using Disk Utility, continue installation of Mac OS as normal
In case while performing this process if you encountered any error and lost data from your hard disk and wish to recover them then use Remo Recover Windows is one such efficient tool that effectively recovers data from formatted or reformatted hard disk in a couple of minutes. In addition, this tool also comes in handy to recover documents from Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11.