Are you using Windows OS from long time and now wish to switch to Mac OS? Purchasing new machine and using Mac OS is a costly thing. But, if we think of Mac graphical user interface, everyone like to use it. Do not worry, you can run Mac OS on Windows system and can feel accessing of Mac OS without purchasing new system. Now, question arises in your mind that how to do it? Do not worry, in this article I’m going to explain you how to run Mac OS on Windows PC. Follow below mentioned instructions to run Mac OS easily.
If you like to install Mountain Lion then your Windows should be of 54 bit. In case your Windows is 32-bit system then install snow leopard. Before installing Mac OS, make sure that your PC consists of dual core processor and minimum 4 GB of RAM.
Install and set up virtual Box
- Virtual box is required to install before installing Mac OS, that allows Mac OS install CD can boot correctly.
- Run virtual box and click on “New” button. Rename virtual machine as Mac OS and set the OS to Mac OS.
- Now click on Next and select RAM to run virtual machine. If you are using more size of RAM then give more. It is better to provide 4 GB of RAM for virtual machine.
- Again click on Next and click “Create New Disk” to create your fresh disk in VDI format and allocate storage space dynamically. Once you done, Virtual Box will take you to the main screen.
- Now, right click on Mac OS machine in the left sidebar and click settings. In that, select “System” sections and uncheck “Enable EFI”.
- Under settings, click on the Storage section and choose CD icon that says “Empty” under Storage Type. Next, click the CD icon next to the “CD/DVD Drive” dropdown, and click on “Choose a virtual CD/DVD Disk File”. Choose the HackBoot 1 ISO and click OK.
Install Mac OS in Virtual Box
- Choose Mac OS machine in virtual box and click on start button in the toolbar that will take you to the HackBoot boot screen
- Now click on CD icon to choose virtual CD/DVD disk file and select Mountain Lion ISO
- Go to HackBoot boot screen and press F5 meanwhile it will reload the boot menu and select Mac OS and press Enter. After few minutes, it will take to the installation screen
- After selecting language and check on terms and conditions. You may notice that Mac OS does not show hard drive. To fix this problem, head up to the menu bar and click on utilities > disk utility
- Select virtual box hard drive and click the Erase tab in Disk Utility’s main pane. Give your Drive name and click “Erase”
- After formatting your drive using Disk utility, continue installation of Mac OS as normal
In case while performing this process if you encountered any error and lost data from your hard disk and wish to recover them then use Remo Recover Windows is one such efficient tool that effectively recovers data from formatted or reformatted hard disk in a couple of minutes. In addition, this tool also comes handy to recover documents from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, etc.