Many users invest a lot of time creating custom rules, alerts and attributes on their Outlook application. It can be tiresome creating the same rules when you migrate Outlook application on to a new computer. Fortunately, with the help of this article, you can avoid all the manual effort and transfer all your Outlook settings in a single go. So please continue to the next section of this article to migrate your Outlook settings on to a new computer.
How Can I Migrate My Outlook Settings to a New Computer?
To Migrate Outlook account settings to a new computer just follow the mentioned instructions.
- Go to Start and type Regedit in the search box and tap enter. You will enter the Registry editor.
Note: Be cautious while operating in the registry editor. A single mistake can crash your entire operating system.
- Go to the Path “ Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\”
- Right click on the profile and click on export
- It will create a registry editor file
- Now, install the Outlook application on your new computer and restart the computer
- Transfer the registry file on to new computer and double click, it will open a dialogue box
- Click on yes
- Now launch the Outlook application and all your settings should be like you made in your old computer.
- Nevertheless, this process is volatile and a single mistake can crash the entire operating system or delete the Outlook data.
If Outlook data has very important information, it is better to avoid this process but, how are you going to transfer your Outlook settings to a new computer? Just for users like you, there is a tool that streamlines the entire migration process, Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate.
The next section of the article has the entire procedure of how you can migrate your Outlook account settings on to a new computer using Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate.
How to Transfer Outlook settings to a New Computer
Download and install the Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate on your computer and follow the steps mentioned.
- Close the Outlook application and launch the Outlook Backup and Migrate
- Click on Backup option and click on smart backup for a simple and effortless process
- Click on next to start the backup process
- Once the process is completed, the tool will ask you to finish the backup process so click on finish
- The software will create a backup file in your default documents folder.
- Transfer that file to your new computer and install Remo Outlook backup and migrate on it
- Launch the Outlook backup and migrate and click migrate option
- Click on browse and click on select from a local computer. Select and open the backup file you have created from your old computer
- Click on next to initiate the migration process. Once the process is complete all your Outlook items including your previous Outlook settings should have been migrated to your new computer.
- Compared to the manual process this process is more secure and streamlined. Moreover, though manual methods there is no perfect proof of successful migration. Hence it is highly suggested to use Remo Backup and migrate.
Outlook setting will organize your Outlook application as you like, you can create custom alerts, folders, signatures and there is a whole spectrum of Outlook attributes you can change according to your priorities. You might not be able to migrate those settings using conventional migration methods but with the help of Remo Backup and Migrate application you can easily migrate your Outlook data including Outlook settings to a new computer. The best feature of Remo is you can migrate all your Outlook settings in a single click. You no need to make a note of your old settings and again invest a lot of time in changing those settings.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.