Many users invest a lot of time creating custom rules, alerts, and attributes on their Outlook application. Unfortunately, Outlook did not provide any dedicated option to copy Outlook settings to a new computer.
As an Outlook user, you might have known that you can move Outlook data to another computer using the Import/ Export wizard. Unlike Outlook data files, Outlook profile settings and configurations cannot be moved to another computer using Import and Export wizard.
Hence we have come up with this page to assist users to export Outlook settings to a new computer.
With the help of this article, you will learn
Export Outlook Settings to New Computer
Since Outlook has not provided with any utility to transfer profile settings and configurations to a new computer, you need to manually access the Registry settings. After accessing the registry settings you need to create the registry file of Outlook configurations which can be copied to another computer.
Note: Be cautious while operating in the registry editor. A single mistake can crash your entire operating system.
The following are the steps on how to Copy Outlook registry to another computer.
- Go to Start and type Regedit in the search box and tap enter. You will enter the Registry editor.
- Go to the Path “ Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\”
- Right-click on the profile and click on export. In the export registry file, window give the file a name and click on Save
- Copy the registry file to a new computer installed with Outlook application
- Double click on the copied Registry file, it will open a dialogue box mentioned below
- Click on yes
Unfortunately, using the registry to copy Outlook settings to another computer is no suggested. Even the above-mentioned dialogue box confirms using Registry mode is unstable and should not be used.
Also when we tried to use Regedit to transfer Outlook settings, our Outlook crashed twice. Additionally, any mistake while implementing the above-mentioned process might even result in entirely crashing OS.
Considering the risks involved in transferring Outlook settings, we have come up with an ingenious tool that can migrate Outlook settings to a new computer. Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate is one of a Kind tool that is designed to streamline moving Outlook data. The ability to transfer Outlook settings is an outstanding feature.
Click on the download button and experience the most streamlined way to copy Outlook settings to a new computer
How to Transfer Outlook settings to a New Computer?
Download and install the Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate on your computer and follow the steps mentioned.
- Close the Outlook application and launch the Outlook Backup and Migrate
- Click on Backup option and click on smart backup for a simple and effortless process
- Click on next to start the backup process
- Once the process is completed, the tool will ask you to finish the backup process so click on finish
- The software will create a backup file in your default documents folder.
- Transfer that file to your new computer and install Remo Outlook backup and migrate on it
- Launch the Outlook backup and migrate and click migrate option
- Click on browse and click on select from a local computer. Select and open the backup file you have created from your old computer
- Click on next to initiate the migration process. Once the process is complete all your Outlook items including your previous Outlook settings should have been migrated to your new computer.
- Compared to the manual process this process is more secure and streamlined. Moreover, though manual methods there is no perfect proof of successful migration. Hence it is highly suggested to use Remo Backup and migrate.
Outlook setting will organize your Outlook application as you like, you can create custom alerts, folders, signatures and there is a whole spectrum of Outlook attributes you can change according to your priorities. You might not be able to migrate those settings using conventional migration methods but with the help of Remo Backup and Migrate application you can easily migrate your Outlook data including Outlook settings to a new computer. The best feature of Remo is you can migrate all your Outlook settings in a single click. You no need to make a note of your old settings and again invest a lot of time in changing those settings.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.