Outlook has been a reliable and feasible application for many users across the globe. So if you are one of the users who are forward to moving Outlook to a new computer effortlessly. This write-up is for you.
Using your newly purchased computer can be really exciting. At the same time, it would be really pleasing if you had all the data from the old computer, including emails, settings, and other data from Outlook.
Can you copy the Outlook profile to the new computer?
Yes, you can migrate your Outlook profile to a new computer. If you are one of the users wondering how to copy the outlook profile to a new computer this article is for you. You can certainly move Outlook to a new computer. But unlike your regular data, you cannot move your Outlook profile to a new computer with simple copy-paste methods.
You need to follow a sequence of steps to be able to migrate outlook email accounts to a new computer or even the whole profile as well. Read the complete article to safely move all your Outlook profile information to the new computer.
If you are unsure about moving your Outlook profile manually, we strongly recommend you to automatically transfer your Outlook Profile using a professional Outlook migration tool. Remo Outlook Migration tool is the most used software to move your Outlook profile to the new computer along with all the attributes. Download now!
How to Move Outlook Profile to new Computer
Why will I Migrate my Outlook profile
- Upgradation to the new operating system
- Lower storage capacity
- Personal preferences for exporting the Outlook profile
For the above-listed scenarios or any other reason you might want to transfer your Outlook profile to another computer, follow the methods mentioned below to effectively do it
Migrate Outlook Profile to New computer by Exporting Registry key
A registry key contains all the information about the user’s profile. By transferring this file to your new computer you can access Outlook and its data. Here is how you can do it. The same applies to moving profiles in Outlook 2021 and older versions as well.
- Click on Search Bar and type Windows+R to open the Run command and type regedit
- From the Registry Editor Window navigate to
- Right-click on Profile and select export
- Next, choose the location to save the exported Outlook profile, provide a file name and click on Save
- After creating the registration file, transfer the Outlook profile to a portable storage drive and copy it on to the new computer.
- Finally, run the copied file on the new computer to add it to the registry.
Caution: While migrating the Outlook Profile key, some or all of your Outlook data could be lost if you are moving it to a different version. Follow the next method to properly move the Outlook PST file to another computer without losing the data.
Note - If you are wondering how to move Outlook account setting to new computer, click here.
Copy Outlook Profile to New Computer by using Importing PST File Option
Before copying the Outlook profile, you will have to take the backup of the PST file. This way, you will have your Outlook profile secure and avoid the risk of losing and then worrying about recovering Outlook profile. After taking the backup follow the steps mentioned below to backup and migrate the Outlook profile to a new computer.
- Open the Outlook application and click on the File tab
- Select the Open and Export option to reveal the Import/ Export option and click on it
- From the Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file option and click on next
- Now select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on next
- Next, from the list of outlook profiles, choose the one you wish to recover and click on Next.
- Finally, browse for a location to save the PST file and click on Finish
After backing up the PST file copy the file to the new computer and follow the below steps
- Open the Outlook application and choose the File tab
- Click on Open & Export and select Import/Export option
- Next, select Import from another program or file and click on Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse for the (.pst) file that you have saved to import Outlook data and click Next
After successfully copying Outlook profile to a new computer, you may have to recreate your Outlook settings, rules, and alerts to be able to access data like on the old computer.
Transfer Outlook Profile to new computer on Mac using Export and Import method
Follow the below-listed method to export your Outlook files and then import them.
- On the Tools tab, click Export.
- In the Export to Archive File (.olm) box, check the items you want to export, and choose Continue.
- Check the items you want to export.
- In the Save As box, under Favorites, choose the Downloads folder, and click Save.
- Save the archive file as an .olm.
- Once your data has been exported, you’ll get a notification and you’ll choose Finish.
Now that your files are exported, time to import them. To import an OLM file on a Mac follow these steps
- Go to the Tools tab, and choose Import.
- On the Tools tab, click Import.
- In the Import box, select Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) > Continue.
- Import archive file as .olm.
- Locate the .olm file on your Mac, and then click Import.
You will be able to view the imported items (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes). For example, contacts are in the navigation pane on the People tab, email messages are on the navigation pane on the Mail tab, calendar items are in the navigation pane on the Calendar tab, and so on.
Moving your Outlook Profile to a new computer may not seem easy. Migrating and restoring data such as your personal settings, rules, and alerts is not possible manually, you might as well lose precious data, and also you will not be able to completely migrate your Outlook profile manually. Why take chances when you could automatically move your complete Outlook profile with all its data?
Try the Remo Outlook Migration Tool to make your job easy in transferring Outlook profile to a new computer. You can effectively move Outlook data including saved emails, contacts, journals, calendars, profile settings, and other attributes. Download now!
Application to Transfer Outlook Profile to New Computer
For exporting outlook settings or configuration new computer or to transfer outlook profile from one computer to another download Remo Migration Tool for Outlook on your computer from which you have to migrate Outlook, launch the application, and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From the Main screen click on the Backup option
- In the next screen, you can choose between Smart backup or Advanced Backup
- After completion of the backup process save the file on to the desired location.
- If you are moving Outlook to another computer then you have to copy the file in a USB drive on to the new computer where you want to import Outlook PST.
You will have to download and install the Remo Outlook Migration Tool in the new computer as well.
- Launch the tool and click on Migrate
- Browse for the Outlook data file backup which had been backed up from the previous computer and click Next
- Select the Outlook attributes that you wish to move to the new computer and click Next
- After the Outlook migration is done, click on Finish
- Open the Outlook application on the new computer, click the File tab, and open Account settings
- Choose the email account from the list and click Set as Default button to activate the profile.
The following article summarizes how to move your Outlook Profile to a new computer migrating Outlook profile to a new computer or other versions to a new computer can be done in various ways as mentioned above. However, make sure you follow the steps properly for a successful migration. But if you are uncertain about manual methods, utilize the Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate tool for a quick and easy transfer. In case of any doubts regarding this information do let us know in the comment section.