What is an NTFS partition?
NT file system (NTFS), known as the New Technology File System was a brand-new file system introduced by Windows in 1993. NTFS when compared to the previous versions of file systems like HPS, FAT, etc. is comparatively faster with enhanced performance and optimum utilization of disk space, reliability, etc. Here in the section below let us understand the outstanding features of the NTFS file system/partition.
Perks and features of NTFS partition
- The NTFS file system provides safer file protection, file encryption, and greatly improved information security from the previous versions.
- NTFS supports large storage space of HDD with 2TB, and as disk capacity increases, the performance of the file system does not decrease, unlike FAT.
- Set permissions for individual users. Different users can be assigned different permissions for the same file or folder.
However, even a contemporary file system like NTFS comes with disadvantages. Data loss is an unpredictable scenario that is inevitable to avoid by any File system. If you have encountered any scenario where the data in your NTFS partition is corrupted, damaged, formatted, or deleted, instructions below will guide you through various ways to perform NTFS partition recovery. Before moving ahead let us understand the common scenarios for data loss in NTFS partitions.
Common Scenarios for Data Loss in NTFS Partition
Below listed are the common scenarios for data loss from your NTFS
- MFT corruption leading to data loss
- System crash
- Improper ejection of the NTFS partition or external drive
- Human errors while performing disk operations like formatting or partitioning
- Errors while shrinking or resizing partitions
- Corruption of the Operating system or Virus
- In rare cases, reinstalling OS can also lead to partition loss
The below article is segregated into 2 sequences which are listed below:
Note: We recommend you recover your data from a corrupt or damaged NTFS partition and then go ahead with fixing the corruption. The reason being the usage of the corrupted NTFS partition can lead to permanent data loss or narrow the chances of the NTFS partition recovery.
If you have been through any of the above-mentioned scenarios then you will need a reliable NTFS partition recovery tool to restore data from the damaged, formatted, deleted, or lost partition. In the next section below let us understand how to recover lost data from your NTFS partition.
Remo Recover is one of the best partition recovery software that can effortlessly recover lost or deleted data from NTFS partitions. This tool is a robust software that scans your drive sector-by-sector and recovers NTFS partition data in the same way as it was originally existing prior to partition loss.
"Download this tool for free now and start recovering your data from your lost NTFS Partition."
How Remo Recover can be helpful in NTFS partition Recovery
- The tool is can restore your data from the NTFS partition after MFT corruption
- Easily restores all types of data and the tool is capable 500 + types and formats of files from NTFS partition
- Has the capability to identify all types of files even after recovery with the aid of the unique file signature
- Recovers all your data even from FAT 32, FAT 16, NTFS 5, HFS + / HFS X partitions
- The tool is compatible with the latest Windows 11, 10, and other versions
How to Recover Data from Lost NTFS Partition Using Remo Recover?
Follow the below steps to start the recovery process from your NTFS partition using Remo Recover:
- Download, install, and launch Remo Recover software on your computer.
- Select the NTFS drive from which you'd like to recover partitions and hit the Scan button.
- During the scanning process, use the "Dynamic Recovery View" to preview and recover lost files as they are found.
- Once the scan completes, locate your lost data under either the "Lost and Found" or "Lost Partition" folder.
- Preview the recovered files by double-clicking on them to verify their integrity and completeness.
- Select the files you want to restore and click the "Recover" button.
- Choose a location to save the recovered files and click "OK" to complete the recovery process.
How to Repair corrupt / Damaged NTFS partition
- Check the NTFS Partition for File System Error with Built-in NTFS Repair Tool
- First of all, you can right-click the corrupted NTFS partition in Windows File Explorer.
- Right-click the corrupted NTFS partition
- Go to Properties > Tools, and click Check under Error Checking.
- This option will check the selected NTFS partition for file system errors and fix if there any corruption or damage
The article summarizes how to recover and repair your NTFS partition with ease from the above-listed methods if you have any further queries regarding the article. Make use of the comment section below