Table of Contents:
What is the error 0x80040115 in Outlook?
The error 0x8004115 usually occurs when you are trying to send or receive emails in Outlook. The error code 0x8004115 affects the normal functionalities in Outlook and makes the Microsoft Exchange server unavailable. Due to this, you won't be able to send or receive emails.
If you are one of the users who has encountered error 0x8004115, you need not worry! In this read-up, you will learn effective solutions on how to fix error 0x8004115 in Outlook effectively. Let us understand the possible fixes for the error code.
What happens if Error 0x8004115 Occurs?
- This error code affects your Outlook performance
- The error code 0x8004115 frequently keep appearing
- This error doesn’t allow you to send or receive Outlook emails
Fix Outlook error 0x80040115
These are some quick ways you can use to repair the Outlook error 0x80040115:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- Clear DNS cache
- Change Outlook Profile settings
- Disable Add-ins
- Repair Outlook installation
- Use ScanPST.exe
- Disable anti-virus
- Create new Outlook Profile
- By Using Remo PST Repair Tool
However, if you are looking for a quick and automated solution to save time and energy to fix the error Outlook 0x8004115, we recommend you make use of the Remo PST Repair tool to effortlessly recover the Outlook error with ease. The tool works on read-only mechanism to effectively repair the copy of the PST file thereby not altering the original file.
Causes for the Outlook error 0x80040115
Before moving ahead with solutions, let us first understand the common scenarios for this error code to occur in the below section.
- An Oversized PST file that has over exceeded its size limit can lead to error code 0x80040115
- If your Microsoft Outlook program has been installed inappropriately in Windows 11 or 10, it could lead to this error.
- A system that is facing any kind of internal system conflict or virus intrusion is prone to experiencing Outlook errors.
- Email Server Issues: If there are issues with your email server or insufficient internet connection, it could lead to the sending of this error code.
Nevertheless, with the effective solutions listed in the below section, you can effortlessly fix Outlook error 0x8004115.
Launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- Click on the search box near the Start button, and click Run.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe
- Click OK.
- Outlook will open in Safe Mode, verify if the send or receive error is resolved.
Clear DNS cache
- Click on the Search Box
- Type cmd and press Enter
- Here, type in the command: ipconfig/flushdns
- This will clear the cache you will receive a success confirmation message
- This will help you flush dns cache, Restart Outlook to check if this method has worked well for you.
Change Outlook Profile settings
- Go to Control Panel Mail.
- Click Show Profiles
- Choose your profile and click on to the option Properties
- Select Email Accounts
- Choose the Exchange Server account and click Change
- A dialog box with your username and the mailbox server will appear, choose more options
- Go to the Microsoft Exchange box and select the security button
- Mark the Encrypt data between Outlook and Microsoft Exchange box > OK
- Go to Outlook, click on File
- Select Options
- Click on Add-ins on to the left side
- Click on Go, at the bottom of the screen to open the Add-in dialog.
- Disable the add-ins that don’t start with Microsoft.
- Close the dialog and restart Outlook
- Test if the error 0x8004115 is resolved.
Create a New Outlook Profile
If the error 0x80040115 persists and you can access the internet then creating a new Outlook profile can solve the issue. We recommend you to use this as your last resort as your previous Outlook setting might be lost
- Open the Start Menu
- Type Control Panel
- Select the Control Panel App
- Select Mail (Microsoft Outlook) (32-bit).
- Click on Ok
If the issue still persists the probable reason is due to the corruption of the PST file, in such cases, you will need the best PST repair tool to fix the Outlook error 0x8004115 effectively
Remo PST Repair Tool is one such application that is designed with an advanced repair algorithm to fix PST files that are severely damaged, corrupt, or even inaccessible.
With this tool, you can not only repair your PST files but also recover all data items like email, contacts, notes, reminders, etc.
Repair Error 0x8004115 using ScanPST
ScanPST is an inbuilt tool that comes with Outlook, It can be used to repair PST files with low or moderate corruption, you can repair your Outlook data file using ScanPST by following the instructions given below-
- Locate and Open ScanPST, the location may vary depending on the Outlook version installed. you can either use the Start search bar or refer to the table below to find ScanPSt on your Windows PC.
|Outlook Version||ScanPST Location|
|32-bit Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office19|
64-bit Version: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office19
|Outlook 2016||32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\|
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
|Outlook 2013||32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\|
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
|Outlook 2010||32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft office\Office 14\|
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft office\Office 14\
|Outlook 2007||32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft office\Office 12\|
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft office\Office 12\
|Outlook 2003||32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\System\MSMAPI\|
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAP
- Double-click the scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
- Click Start
In some operating systems anti-virus might be blocking the normal send-receive functionalities in Outlook due to their configuration policies. This might be causing the Outlook error 0x8004115. Disable your anti-virus and check the issue is resolved
How to Repair Outlook error 0x80040115
- Launch Remo Repair PST
Download and install Remo Repair Outlook Software to fix Outlook cannot open PST files.
- Select PST Import Method
Launch the tool and select an option based on your need and click Next. Open Default PST File: Select this option if the corrupt PST file is located in the defined location.
Select PST File Manually: Select this option if you want to manually locate your PST file not opening.
Find All Your PST Files: If you have more than one Outlook profile then, select this option to locate all your PST files. Later, you can select the inaccessible Outlook PST file that needs to be repaired.
- Begin PST File Repair Process
Click the Smart Scan option and select a destination of your choice to save your Repaired PST file on your Windows and click Repair.
After the corrupted Outlook PST file is repaired, check the destination path to view your repaired Outlook PST file.
Watch video tutorial to learn to repair PST file effortlessly.
The above article emphasizes how to fix the Outlook error 0x8004115, with manual methodologies and reliable repair utilities like Remo Repair PST you can effectively solve the issue. If you have any further queries regarding the issue, please make use of the comment section below.