What is the error 0x80040115 in Outlook?
The error 0x8004115 usually occurs when you are trying to send or receive emails in Outlook. The error code 0x8004115 affects the normal functionalities in Outlook and makes the Microsoft Exchange server unavailable. Due to this, you won't be able to send or receive emails.
If you are one of the users who has encountered error 0x8004115, you need not worry! In this read-up, you will learn effective solutions on how to fix error 0x8004115 in Outlook effectively. Let us understand the possible fixes for the error code.
What happens if Error 0x8004115 Occurs?
- This error code affects your Outlook performance
- The error code 0x8004115 frequently keep appearing
- This error doesn’t allow you to send or receive Outlook emails
Fix Outlook error 0x80040115
- Launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- Clear DNS cache
- Change Outlook Profile settings
- Disable Add-ins
- Repair Outlook installation
- Use ScanPST.exe
- Disable anti-virus
- Create new Outlook Profile
- By Using Remo PST Repair Tool
However, if you are looking for a quick and automated solution to save time and energy to fix the error Outlook 0x8004115, we recommend you make use of the Remo PST Repair tool to effortlessly recover the Outlook error with ease. The tool works on read-only mechanism to effectively repair the copy of the PST file thereby not altering the original file.
Causes for the Outlook error 0x80040115
Before moving ahead with solutions, let us first understand the common scenarios for this error code to occur in the below section.
- An Oversized PST file that has over exceeded its size limit can lead to error code 0x80040115
- If your Microsoft Outlook program has been installed inappropriately in Windows 11 or 10, it could lead to this error.
- A system that is facing any kind of internal system conflict or virus intrusion is prone to experiencing Outlook errors.
- Email Server Issues: If there are issues with your email server or insufficient internet connection, it could lead to the sending of this error code.
Nevertheless, with the effective solutions listed in the below section, you can effortlessly fix Outlook error 0x8004115.
Launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- Click on the search box near the Start button, and click Run.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe
- Click OK.
- Outlook will open in Safe Mode, verify if the send or receive error is resolved.
Clear DNS cache
- Click on the Search Box
- Type cmd and press Enter
- Here, type in the command: ipconfig/flushdns
- This will clear the cache you will receive a success confirmation message
- This will help you flush dns cache, Restart Outlook to check if this method has worked well for you
Change Outlook Profile settings
- Go to Control Panel Mail.
- Click Show Profiles
- Choose your profile and click on to the option Properties
- Select Email Accounts
- Choose the Exchange Server account and click Change
- A dialog box with your username and the mailbox server will appear, choose more options
- Go to the Microsoft Exchange box and select the security button
- Mark the Encrypt data between Outlook and Microsoft Exchange box > OK
- Go to Outlook, click on File
- Select Options
- Click on Add-ins on to the left side
- Click on Go, at the bottom of the screen to open the Add-in dialog
- Disable the add-ins that don’t start with Microsoft.
- Close the dialog and restart Outlook
- Test if the error 0x8004115 is resolved.
Repair Outlook Installation to fix error 0x8004115
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs on left-hand side of the screen
- Surf and choose Office installation or if you are using Outlook alone right on them
- Click Repair
- Then Select Quick Repair
Repair Error 0x8004115 using ScanPST
- Copy the corrupt PST from the source and save locally to the your PC
Open scanPST (typically located in the below-listed folders)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\ (Outlook 2003)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 (Outlook 2003)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 (Outlook 2007)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 (Outlook 2010)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 (Outlook 2013 and higher versions)
- To run the Inbox Repair Tool, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon the version of Operating System.
- In the Search for files or folders named box, type scanpst.exe
- Double click the scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
- Click Start
In some operating systems anti-virus might be blocking the normal send-receive functionalities in Outlook due to their configuration policies. This might be causing the Outlook error 0x8004115. Disable your anti-virus and check the issue is resolved
Create a New Outlook Profile
If the error 0x80040115 persists and you can access the internet then creating a new Outlook profile can solve the issue. We recommend you to use this as your last resort as your previous Outlook setting might be lost
- Open the Start Menu
- Type Control Panel
- Select the Control Panel App
- Select Mail (Microsoft Outlook) (32-bit).
- Click on Ok
If the issue still persists the probable reason is due to the corruption of the PST file, in such cases, you will need the best PST repair tool to fix the Outlook error 0x8004115 effectively
Remo PST Repair Tool is one such application that is designed with an advanced repair algorithm to fix PST files that are severely damaged, corrupt, or even inaccessible. With this tool, you can not only repair your PST files but also recover all data items like email, contacts, notes, reminders, etc.
How to Repair Outlook error 0x80040115
- Download Remo Repair Outlook (PST) and then install it in the system and launch.
- Click on Open Default PST File as it locates the default location of your PST file. In case you know the PST file location, then just go for the Select file manually option.
- Here, you need to provide the PST file path manually. Click on Find all your PST files if you are not aware of the PST location.
- Post clicking on either of the options you will get different scanning options of Normal Scan and Smart Scan.
- Select the level of scanning depending upon your requirements and provide the destination path to save the repaired PST file.
The above article emphasizes how to fix the Outlook error 0x8004115, with manual methodologies and reliable repair utilities like Remo Repair PST you can effectively solve the issue. If you have any further queries regarding the issue, please make use of the comment section below.