Summary: If you have lost data from a USB Flash drive due to accidental deletion, formatting, or virus attack, read the post to perform pen drive recovery on mac. There are a lot of possible reasons that can lead to the loss of files on your pen drive. To recover files from your USB on your Mac, you will need professional and reliable software for Mac USB recovery. Choose an all-in-one tool like Remo USB flash drive recovery software that can recover all the deleted data on your USB flash drive in just a few clicks, including your lost photos, documents, and 300 other file types.
USB flash drives are quite easily susceptible to permanent data loss. For example, an accidentally deleted file will not be sent to the Mac Trash folder and it will be permanently deleted. In addition, flash drives go through a lot of mishaps, such as improperly disconnecting USB drives without ejecting, accidentally formatting, and finally corruption of USB flash drives. which are really complicated data loss scenarios.
It is also a bummer that most of the users are not accustomed to creating backups for USB drives using Time Machine backup applications. Which makes things even more complicated to recover the data from the Mac USB drive.
So without any backup and files not getting stored in the Trash folder what can be the best possible method to recover data from a Mac flash drive? The answer is Mac flash drive recovery; you can find the explanation of why you need software to recover data from the Mac USB drive in the next section.
Where Do Deleted USB files Go on Mac?
When a file is deleted it is not completely erased but, it is marked as deleted. Space occupied by the deleted files is made to ready be overwritten with new data. Which makes files invisible and inaccessible. Hence in such a situation, you need software that can access the files and restore them. Manually accessing those storage sectors is impossible for a normal user.
Caution: Since the space occupied by deleted files is marked as ready to overwrite you should not use the USB flash drive till you recover the data.
How Can I Recover Deleted Files From my Flash Drive on Mac?
As it is impossible to manually access the storage sectors of the Pendrive, it is recommended to use USB recovery software to restore the data for you. Mac USB flash drive software can access the storage sectors and recover the deleted files. Here is one of the most efficient USB flash drive recovery software for Mac.
Trusted by professionals Remo file recovery software is one such software that can efficiently recover data from most complicated data loss scenarios. Moreover, the user interface is so simple, you can recover data in 4 simple clicks. You can find the steps in the following section.
Steps to Recover Lost Files from Flash Drive on Mac
Download Now and Install the Remo Flash Drive Recovery Software on your computer. Connect the USB flash drive to your Mac, launch the software and follow the mentioned steps.
Note: Since the tool is even compatible with the latest Mac Catalina OS and works flawlessly with all file systems such as APFS, HFS+, HFS, ExFAT and even recovering NTFS formatted drives on MAC, you will not be facing any compatibility issues at all.
- From the home screen, select the Recover Deleted Files / Recover Lost Files option according to the requirement.
- The software will list the drives available on your Mac.
- Now select the flash drive with deleted files and click on next to scan the drive. After scanning the flash drive, the software will list the files that are deleted from the drive.
- Select the files that are deleted and click on save to restore the deleted files from the USB flash drive.
- Finally, mention the volume location on Mac to store the recovered files.
This concludes the process. You can also use this tool to recover the data from inevitable data loss scenarios such as recovering data lost from a Mac guest account. Since the Mac guest user account deletes the data as soon as you log out, you definitely need this software to recover files from the guest account.
Most Useful Options Available on Remo Recovery Software
- Remo can detect and recover over 300 file formats such as photos, raw images, PDF, Microsoft excel, word document, etc.
- You can also recover data from most critical data loss scenarios such as unreadable external hard drive, recover formatted Mac hard drive.
- The tool is also compatible with almost all formats of storage drives such as SSD, internal and external drives like memory cards, digital cameras, etc.
- Can recover deleted or lost iWork files from your Mac computers
Four Most Important Tips to Avoid Data Loss On USB Flash Drive
- Maintain backup of all your important files saved on the USB drive
- Avoid Improper methods to eject the USB drive.
- It is better to avoid directly working files on a USB drive. Always try to edit the files on your Mac and later save them to a USB drive.
- Avoid connecting your USB drive to virus-infected devices to avoid USB file corruption.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.