Wouldn’t it be great to reminisce childhood memories and once again, play your favorite ps3 games on ps4? At some point, we have all been hooked on to the ps3 games growing up. We can all name our personal favorites whether, it was Super Mario, Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed or Blood Bourne. Oh, how great it would be to go for one more match with your sibling to get back the victory revenge. Sweet Memories indeed! But is it possible to play ps3 games on the very easily accessible ps4?
There was a time when the answer to the question of playing ps3 games on ps4 was ‘No’. But thankfully, things have changed and for the better. Now the answer to that same question is ‘Yes‘. You will have to use the Sony Service known as ‘PlayStation Now’.
Interesting, isn’t it? Well, continue reading to know – What is ‘PlayStation Now’ and ‘how to play ps3 games on ps4’?
What is ‘PlayStation Now’?
‘PlayStation Now’ is a game streaming service that allows you to play ps3 games on ps4 over a Wi-Fi connection. You can play any title on this as long as you have a good speedy Wi-Fi. The benefits of this are that you won’t have to wait for the ps3 titles to install or update. All the PlayStation Now titles are stored in the online cloud.
Know How to Play PS3 Games on PS4?
The PS Now has come as a long-awaited answered prayer to the gaming community. Streaming games from the cloud and playing them in sync with your Sony Entertainment Account Save games is an all new experience from all your old favorite games from the last generation. Having to play the classic vintage game on a new console can be a very thrilling experience. An interesting thing to note about the PS Now is that it must be connected to the internet. This does give some amount of insecurity to those without a stable internet connection.
The advantage to this is that you “Save games” will never be corrupted and you can always continue from the point your last “Logged Off”.
This is a kind of mix of concepts, MMO Gaming and traditional gaming with ‘Cloud Synched’ save games for some games like Batman Arkham Series or Assassins Creed. Here you either start where you last left off or in a nearby zone to the place where you can continue the free roam that sandbox games like these give you.
Setting up PlayStation Now:
- Verify you have a Sony Entertainment Network Account: Setting up an account is free.
- Verify you have a good broadband internet connection with a speed of at least 5mbps.
- Purchase a DualShock 3 or DualShock 4 wireless Controller: These controller models work as an input device so you can play ps3 games using your ps4 console via PlayStation Now.
- Power on your ps4 console and select ‘Network’.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect your ps4 to the internet.
Connecting to PlayStation Now:
- Navigate back to the main menu on your ps4 and launch the PlayStation Store.
- Select the option to ‘download’ the ‘PS Now Subscription’ app to your console.
- Select the subscription option provided.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the purchase for your PlayStation Now subscription.
- Navigate to Content Launcher and select the option to launch PS Now.
Now, that you know how to play ps3 games on ps4, go ahead and enjoy!
Note: If you are wondering, there are any simple ways to retrieve pictures from ps3 hard disk. Well, look no further, just click on the link given and get all the help needed.