Summary: PowerPoint found a problem with the content is one of the most common error messages encountered whilst using MS PowerPoint. This article has everything you need to know about what this error is and how you can get rid of this error. As a bonus, you will also be able to repair your PowerPoint file and fix the corruption or damage in the file using an exceptional PowerPoint Repair Tool.
The PowerPoint Found a Problem with Content Error, why does it Occur?
There are multiple reasons that are responsible for PPT file showing error saying PowerPoint found a problem with the content, the following are some of them:
- Protected View Enabled - When protected view is enabled, the PowerPoint file might refuse to open and sometimes might show the above error.
- Blocked PowerPoint File - When you download a PowerPoint file from any email attachment or any other sources, your computer will refuse to open the file or in other words it will be blocked leading to the error.
- File not listed in Trusted list - The location of the file also matters when you are trying to open a PPT or PPTX file. If your file is not listed in the trusted list, you will be getting this error saying PowerPoint found a problem with content.
- Files stored in Sync folder - When your PPT or PPTX file is stored in sync folders like OneDrive or Dropbox, the PowerPoint will refuse to open and you will be seeing the error saying PowerPoint found a problem with the content.
PowerPoint file not responding or showing up some error may not always be due to some incorrect settings like we mentioned above. There are times where you will be having a damaged or corrupt PowerPoint file and trying any manual method to fix it is not going to help you. This is where, a need for a PowerPoint Repair Tool occurs.
If in case, you have a damaged or corrupt PPTX or PPT file and you are not able to open it, we recommend you to try Remo PowerPoint Repair Tool. The tool is completely free to download and try.
How to fix Error PowerPoint Found a Problem with Content?
- Disable Protected View:
Disable the protected view to fix the PowerPoint found a problem with content error by following the below mentioned steps:
- Open PowerPoint application and click on File
- Now click on Options, go to Trust Centre
- Click on Trust Centre Settings
- In Trust Centre Settings, go to Protected View
- Disable all the options and click on OK
Now try opening the PowerPoint file and see if you are still seeing the error PowerPoint found a problem with content. If this doesn’t allow you to fix the error, then move on to the next method.
- Unblock the PowerPoint File:
If disabling protected view didn’t fix PowerPoint found a problem with content with error, then try unblocking PowerPoint file. If you have downloaded the PowerPoint and are trying to open it, usually the operating system will be blocking the file. Follow the below mentioned steps to unblock here:
- Right click on PowerPoint file and go to Properties
- Go to General Tab and click on Unblock
- Click on Apply and ok
After following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the PowerPoint content error. If you are still not able to fix the error, then follow the next method.
- Remove PowerPoint file from Synchronized Folder:
If disabling the protected view and unblocking the PowerPoint file doesn’t help you in fixing the error, then you can look into the location of the PowerPoint file.
If your PowerPoint file is stored in sync folders like OneDrive or Dropbox, the file will have problem opening. Try the following steps to change the location of PowerPoint from sync folder to any other folder:
- Go to the location of the PowerPoint file
- Copy the file and paste it on any local folder
- Now open your PowerPoint file and see if the error still persists
- Add location of the file to Trust list:
Ensuring your PowerPoint file is safe to be opened by placing it in trust list is one way to avoid error saying PowerPoint found problem with the content. Follow the below mentioned steps to fix this issue:
- Open PowerPoint application, click on File
- Go to Options, click on Trust Center
- Now click on Trust Centre Settings and go to trusted locations
- Click on Add a location, now you can add the location of where your PowerPoint file is saved.
- Now restart PowerPoint Application to see is the error is fixed.
All the above method fixes will be able to help you get rid of the PowerPoint error that says PowerPoint found error with the content. If you were still not able to fix the error, then the .PPT or .PPTX file you have might be corrupt or damaged.
This means there is a serious problem with the content of the PowerPoint which is stopping you from opening the PPT file. The only way you can fix this issue is by making use of PowerPoint Repair Software.
Remo Repair for PowerPoint is an exclusive tool designed for PowerPoint to fix or repair .PPT or .PPTX files suffering from any level of corruption or damage. The tool repairs your PPT file safely by keeping all the content of your PowerPoint file intact.
With a free preview option by your side, you have nothing to lose.
Download the tool for free now.
Fix your PowerPoint file with Remo PowerPoint Repair Tool
To repair a PowerPoint file that is damaged or corrupt using Remo PowerPoint Repair Tool, download and install Remo PowerPoint Repair Tool and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Launch Remo PowerPoint Repair Tool on your computer
- Click on Browse and select the corrupt PowerPoint file and click on Repair
- This will start the repair process, after completion of repair process you can preview the PowerPoint file
- If you are satisfied with the repair process, you can activate the tool and save repaired PowerPoint file.