Collage is placing multiple photos on a single space. You can choose a variety of similar or different size pictures to customize your collage. In order to make a collage in Photoshop, you need a Picture Package plugin. Follow the steps below to create a collage in Photoshop.
Steps to print multiple photos on one page in Photoshop
- Download and install Picture Package plugin
- Run Photoshop and choose File > Automate > Picture Package.
- You can drag and drop images into the placeholder or click a placeholder in the preview and browse to select an image.
- Select page size, layout, and resolution in the Document section
- You can choose if you wish to flatten all layers to create a picture package with images and text on a single layer.
- For the label, choose a label text from the Content menu or choose Custom text
- You can specify font, font size, position etc. for labels
Note: If you are not satisfied with the collage or you wish to make changes, use Edit Layout to modify.
About Photoshop files
The most common Photoshop files are PSD and PDD. PSD files are layered image files and hence generally complex in nature. It contains a header with metadata of the entire file, followed by multiple sections containing actual data. So, if the header file or any of the sections containing actual data is corrupt, the file cannot be opened. Because of the complexity of the file, chances of corruption in these files are high.
Reasons for PSD file corruption
System crash when working on a PSD file is one of the main reasons for corruption of these files. Editing PSD files directly on storage devices or compressing these files are other reasons for corruption. Suppose you are working on creating a collage or working on a file in Photoshop, the PSD file may become corrupt if the system crashes suddenly. This happens because data is not written to the disk or the disk got overwritten by random data when system lost power. When this happens, Photoshop cannot open the file.
Adobe provides a Restore previous session to retrieve your files in case of system or Photoshop crash. This method works only when the PSD files are slightly damaged
- Right-click on the corrupt PSD file and select Restore previous versions
- Click an earlier version of the file and select Restore
- Confirm your choice and open the restored PSD file again
- Check all the layers and save the file as a new PSD file
If your file cannot be repaired using manual restore previous session method, you need a professional tool to fix your file.
Remo Repair PSD
Remo Repair PSD is designed to fix issues in PSD and PDD files in Photoshop. It repairs the PSD file and recovers all layers in the file. It works in a read-only mode; meaning the software scans your PSD file, identifies issues, fixes them and creates healthy files. Hence, your original file is not disturbed. It supports all versions of Photoshop like CS6, CS5, CS4 etc.
The tool has a special feature called ‘Preview’, which provides a free preview of the repaired file. In order to save your file, you will have to purchase a licensed version of the software.