Here is an article explaining why your PSD file cannot open in Photoshop. Also, explore a few successful methods to fix PSD file not opening in Photoshop error with ease.
Common errors that mean PSD File in Photoshop is unable to open:
- Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document.
- Photoshop cannot open files in the format.
- Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.
- PSD not a valid Photoshop document.
- File could not be found Photoshop.
- Open with Photoshop not working.
- Photoshop won’t open files
Before you move on to the different methods to fix Photoshop not opening PSD files. Let’s understand the different reasons that cause the PSD file not opening in Photoshop.
Reasons for errors leading to PSD File Not Opening in Photoshop:
- Adobe Photoshop application malfunction.
- PSD files are damaged or corrupted.
- Abrupt termination of Photoshop while editing or saving the PSD file.
- Opening .psd file with incompatible Adobe Photoshop version.
- Editing PSD file directly from removable drives
- Utilizing unreliable tools to restore PSD files.
How To Fix PSD File Not Opening In Photoshop?
Method 1: Re-Open the PSD files
If you are unable to open PSD files on Photoshop then, wait for some time. And thereafter try to reopen the PSD file. If the file still doesn't open in Photoshop, then move on to the next method.
Method 2: Check/Uncheck OpenGL Display and Update Device Drivers
- Go to Photoshop > Select Edit > Click Preferences > Choose Performance > Now, a window will open: Uncheck [ ] Enable OpenGL Display and click OK.
- Now close and restart Photoshop.
- Enable OpenGL Display after updating your display driver, or else you will not be able to use OpenGL features.
Method 3: Reinstall Adobe Photoshop
If none of your PSD files open on the Adobe Photoshop tool. Then, this issue might be related to the application itself. During such times, the best way to fix this error is to reinstall Photoshop application and try reopening the PSD file.
If you are unable to fix the error even after reinstalling the application, then move on to the next method as this can be due to the severe corruption or damage to the PSD file.
Utilize the Remo Repair PSD, a user-friendly tool to quickly fix PSD file not opening in Photoshop issue. This tool requires only 3 clicks to safely repair any corrupt or damaged PSD and PDD file.
Method 4: Fix PSD File Not Opening in Photoshop Using Remo Repair PSD Tool
If Your PSD file is severely virus-infected, then you cannot open or access the PSD file. Any corruption or damage in the PSD file pops up error messages. The only way to open a PSD file in Photoshop is by repairing it using Remo Repair PSD software.
Remo Repair PSD is a reliable tool that comes in handy when the PSD file does not open in Adobe Photoshop. You can also use this Remo PSD File Repair Tool to repair damaged PDD files. Remo Repair PSD tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows and Mac operating systems like Windows 10 and macOS Catalina.
Steps To Repair PSD File Not Opening in Photoshop
(Download and install Remo Repair PSD tool and follow the below simple steps.)
- Launch the Remo Repair PSD software and click the Browse button to select the corrupt PSD file not opening in Photoshop.
- Next, hit the Repair button to start PSD file repair process.
- After the PSD file repairing process ends, you can preview the repaired PSD file using the Preview option for free and click Save option to save the repaired PSD file on a preferred destination of your choice to open it in Photoshop.
Supported Adobe Photoshop Versions:
Remo Repair PSD software supports PSD file repairing from all the latest versions of Photoshop like Photoshop 2020 (version 21), CC (2013-2019), CS6, CS5, and many more.
What more can you do with Remo Repair PSD Software?
- The tool fixes corrupted Photoshop PDD file and even RLE compressed PSD files in an easy and simple way.
- It assists you in repairing large-sized PSD and PDD files.
- Fixes PSD file with depth of 1, 8, 16, and 32 bits per channel.
- It repairs various Photoshop errors like "incompatible PSD file", "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file", etc.
- The software repairs the damaged PSD file on Mac and Windows by keeping its color mode, such as Bitmap, gray-scale, indexed color, RGB color, CMYK color, multichannel color, duotone, lab color, etc. intact.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.