Can I Recover Photos after Formatting the Hard drive?
Formatting the hard drive is the best way to clean your hard drive in a single shot. You might have certainly taken a backup of all the precious photos and videos before formatting.
But sometimes you might end up in a scenario where your hard drive is showing an error or your computer is stuck or not starting at all. In such cases, you inevitably have to format the respective partition or the entire computer without taking backup of the photos.
Now the question is, what about the photos that weren’t backed up. How to recover photos after formatting the hard drive completely? Well, don’t worry. Here in this writeup, you will get to know the quickest way to recover photos from a formatted computer hard drive.
Note - If you are wondering how to recover videos from corrupted/formatted SD cards, click here.
How Do I Recover Photos from a Formatted Hard Drive?
As soon as you realize that you have lost your important photos after formatting hard drive, stop using the hard drive further. This will increase the chances of recovering photos from the accidentally formatted hard drive.
(Format recovery is possible as long as the data has not been overwritten.)
Let us see the possible solutions to recover lost data: Find an experienced data recovery expert to get back photos from a formatted hard drive. This might take several days and the process to retrieve pictures from a formatted hard drive will be very expensive. This solution is not recommended as your precious time and money will go in vain.
On the contrary, there is an efficient way to restore photos from a formatted hard drive that not only saves your time but also is economical. Download Remo Recover the most trusted and tried solution to retrieve pictures from a formatted hard drive which is absolutely free to try.
The advanced recovery program of Remo Hard Drive Recovery Software lets you preview the files available for recovery from a formatted hard drive. This will give you a chance to recover photos/files that are of high importance and ignore the unwanted files available for recovery.
(Watch this video tutorial to see how to recover pictures from formatted hard drive using Remo Recover):
How to Recover Photos from Formatted Hard Drive
- Download and Install Remo Recover, launch the software, and select Recover Photos
- Select the formatted hard drive and click on Scan to start the photo recovery
- After completion of scanning, recovered photos and files are displayed
- Later, Preview the recovered photos from the formatted hard drive by double-clicking on the retrieved files
- Next click on Save the restored photos from the formatted hard drive.
Tips to avoid data loss when formatting Hard Drive
- Take a backup of photos before you start formatting the hard drive
- Make sure the computer is protected with reliable antivirus software to avoid losing pictures due to malware infection
- Be it a hard drive, pen drive or SD card make a habit of taking regular backup
- Protect the computer you use against power surges, have a backup power supply to avoid the need to recover photos from the computer
In case you accidentally formatted a hard drive make sure that you stop using the hard drive and download Remo Recover to recover photos from the formatted hard drive. This article gives you an idea of what formatting is and how to recover photos from a formatted hard drive. As a user, you should follow the above-mentioned tips to avoid data loss. In case you fail to take a backup before formatting. You can make use of Remo Recover to recover data from a formatted hard drive.