Remember when Apple issued a massive recall on MacBook Pros in the year 2018. Apple has clearly stated that there are issues that might result in data loss or drive failure on 13 inch MacBook pros. Which made it clear that even the infamous MacBooks are not resistant to data loss.
Apart from the technical causality, there are many everyday scenarios such as accidental deletion or unmounted
volume or unreadable storage drive which are also major reasons for data loss.
Fortunately, recovering data from a MacBook is quite simple with the right set of tools and information. Compiled with instructions and the right tool to use this article will provide you with complete guidance on how to recover data from a MacBook, so please refer to the later sections of this article.
“Do You Know that Apple has recalled it 15 inch MacBook that are sold in between 2015 and 2017 for the battery overheating issue and most of the airlines even issued a ban on this MacBook model.”
How Can I Recover Data From MacBook?
“How can you possibly recover data once it is deleted from a Mac computer?”
This section will clearly explain what happens when data is deleted or hard drive is corrupted. Please proceed further for a better understanding of MacBook data recovery.
When permanently deleted, the files are not completely erased from the MacBook instead the space occupied by these files is marked as free and ready to be overwritten. In the case of a MacBook hard drive crash, the damage or corruption is mostly limited to the drive’s file system and the data saved on the drive remains intact.
Apart from physical damage, any other operating system related errors can be fixed and data can be easily recovered from Macbook hard drive. For maximum recovery efficiency, it is recommended to leave the hard drive unused until you perform data recovery from Macbook.
However, to recover data from a Mac hard drive you to need a MacBook data recovery software. A data recovery software will act as an interface to interact with all the inaccessible data that exists on the storage drive even after the data loss crisis. With many tools available out there, choosing the right Mac data recovery software can be a tricky process. Remo Mac Hard Drive Recovery Tool is the professionally trusted tool to get back data from Mac computers. The instructions on how to safely recover data from MacBook are explained in the following section.
Steps to Recover Data From MacBook
Caution: Do Not download or install the Remo Recover Mac on the same drive you are trying to recover. Doing so will erase the recoverable data and result in permanent loss of Macbook data.
- Download and install Remo recover for Mac and follow the mentioned steps below
- Select Recover Volumes/ Drives (You can use this edition to recover data from any severe data loss situations)
- On the next screen, you will see Volume Recovery and Formatted/ Reformatted Recovery.
- Select Volume recovery and click on the Next button. In the next screen, you will see the storage drives that are available on your MacBook
- Select the storage drive you need to recover and click on Next button
- After scanning the storage drive you can see the volumes available on the storage drive select the volume and click on next
- In this stage, the MacBook data recovery tool will provide you with two scan options
- Standard scan
- Advanced scan
- Choose either one according to the requirement.
- In the next window, the software will ask you to mark the file type you want to recover. If you are not clear on adding file type click on the Mark All option and click on next
Note: It is mandatory to mark the file type
- Wait until the scanning completes. The recovered files will be displayed in the preview window. Just click on the Save button to complete the MacBook Pro data recovery.
You can use this process to recover data from the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and regular MacBooks. Even though all the latest MacBooks models use SSDs you can still use this tool to recover data from MacBook SSDs.
5 Reasons Why Remo is a Trusted MacBook Pro Recovery Software
- Designed with a minimalistic and self-explanatory user interface Remo MacBook data recovery software makes a perfect DIY data recovery software.
- Provided with free of cost updates Remo is kept up to date to support all the latest versions that include Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra.
- Integrated with photo recovery edition Remo Recover Mac can identify and recover over 300 digital media formats this Remo a perfect choice to recover photos from MacBook.
- With the help of save recovery session option, you can pause, save, and resume recovery session at your will.
- A team of highly trained technical support professionals is always at your command to help you restore data from highly complicated data loss scenarios.
Now that you are clear about how to recover the data from MacBooks later section of the article will provide you information on scenarios where data loss might happen
Some frequent MacBook Data Loss Scenarios
Unmounted storage drive or volume: Unmount Hard drive occurs when the Mac Os fails to recognize the storage drive’s file system. This mostly occurs during abrupt power loss or interrupting any data writing process.
Simple formatted hard drive: This is a quite often scenario where the user wants to change the drive’s file system to make it usable on the Mac but end up erasing the drive using disk utility. Even in the scenarios, you can successfully recover data from MacBook’s storage drives.
Abrupt power-downs: Abrupt power loss cause interrupts ongoing processes on the Mac storage drive resulting in damaged or unmount drive or volume.
Accidental deletions: This should be the most cliche situation every user faces once in his or her lifetime
Clearing trash or Permanently deleting: Many users have a habit of permanently deleting the file by holding Option+command+delete keys or clearing the trash immediately after deleting the file.