Windows Server is a brand name for a group of server operating systems released by Microsoft. This server designed to share services with multiple users and provide extensive administrative control of data storage, applications and corporate networks
While using the shared netword there can be multiple users accessing the data on the server, hence there can be times when multiple files from various locations can be deleted or lost.
Fortunately, there is a way to recover deleted files from Windows Server. Continue reading for instructions on retrieving deleted files from Windows Server.
If you are wondering how to recover files from Windows server, this article will help you through various methods to achieve the recovery. Remo File Recovery tool is a hassle-free recovery utility which can recover your files from Windows Server in no time. Download now!
How to Restore Deleted Files on Windows Server
- Recover deleted files on Window Server from Bin
- Restore Windows Server files using previous versions
- Retrieve deleted Windows Server files using Remo
Just like on a Windows computer, the Windows Server also has the Recycle Bin option on the desktop. Therefore, any file that has been deleted will be moved to the Recycle Bin automatically. Hence, Recycle Bin is the fastest way to restore deleted files on Windows Server.
- Open Recycle Bin
- Click on the search box and type the file name that has to be retrieved
- Now, right-click on the file to be recovered and choose Restore option from the pop-up
- After clicking on Restore, go back to the original location to find the recovered file
If you are not able to find a lost file or folder from Windows Recycle Bin by following the above-mentioned steps, another way to retrieve deleted files from Windows 10 is by restoring the files to the previous version.
If you have enabled the backup option, the files with its previous version will be saved on a timely basis. Therefore, you can make use of this backup to restore files from the previous version. Here is how it can be done.
- Navigate to the folder or drive that contained the lost file
- Right-click on the drive or folder and select Properties
- In the Properties window, click on Previous Version tab
- Now from the list of restore points, click on the latest version that was saved
- Finally, click on the Restore button to retrieve deleted files on Windows server
Can I Undelete Files from Windows Server?
Even after trying all the above methods if you are still unable to recover your deleted files from Windows Server. Any data that is missing from the drive will remain on the server unless it is overwritten with new information. You will need a reliable data recovery tool to restore your files from Windows Server.
Remo File Recovery Software is an effective recovery utility which can effortlessly recover your lost or deleted files from Windows Server, the tool is compatible with more than 300+ file formats.
Remo File Recovery Software is an effective tool that can find and recover any missing file or folder on the server. Equipped with a powerful deep scan algorithm, the tool will glide through the entire drive sector by sector to recover files from the Windows server. This powerful tool works with all the latest operating systems including Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2008, etc. Download and use the software for free now.
Note - Before implementing the below mentioned methods, make sure you have downloaded Remo File Recovery on the Windows Server Operating system
Download and install the Remo File Recovery Software and follow the steps mentioned below.
- From the main screen click on Recover Partition
- Next, from the list of all available drives, you need to choose the volume from which the missing file has to be recovered.
- Click on Next to start the scanning process.
- As the scanning activity ends, you can choose the deleted file from File Type View or Data View.
- Finally, click on Save and provide a location to save the recovered file on Windows server
Most of the time files that are deleted from a Windows Server are the ones from shared folders. Since these files are accessible to other users, chances are that a user might have deleted the file unknowingly. Although such scenarios are uncertain, it is always better to be prepared for any such incidents. Therefore, take a timely backup of the storage drive. This way you can easily retrieve any files from the server during a data loss scenario. However, in case there is no backup data, always use Remo File Recovery Tool to recover deleted files from Windows Server.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.