MOV and MP4 are the two well-known multimedia formats and they offer high-quality video playback to enrich your viewing experience. But, if you delete these video files unintentionally or accidentally, then it turns into a painful situation.
There are several reasons that lead to deletion of MP4 and MOV files like virus intrusion, accidental formatting of drive that holds videos, transfer issues etc.
Suppose, you lose or delete any of your important MP4/MOV videos out of the blue then, how do you recover those deleted MP4/MOV files?
Well, here are the several ways to recover deleted MOV and MP4 videos both on Windows and Mac Systems.
How to Recover Deleted MOV and MP4 Videos on Windows?
- Recycle Bin
Here are the steps to recover your deleted MP4/MOV files from Recycle Bin.
- Open RecycleBin
- Look for the deleted MP4/MOV file
- Right-click on the MP4/MOV file
- Click on Restore button
Go back to the source location of the file and check it.
- Windows Backup
Steps to restore deleted MOV/MP4 file from Windows backup. (This method works if, Windows backup is created previously)
- Go to Start menu
- Type Backup and Restore
- Select Restore my files option
- Restore deleted MP4/MOV files
- Windows previous version:
Procedure to restore deleted MP4/MOV files from Windows previous version (This technique is useful if, restore point is enabled before).
- Select the folder, where your MOV/MP4 the files were located
- Right click on the folder and select Restore previous versions
- Open individual version and check for your deleted MP4/MOV file
- Restore folder to the point, which has your deleted video file
How to Recover Deleted MOV and MP4 Videos on Mac?
- Mac Trash
Here is the procedure to restore deleted MP4/MOV video files from Trash.
- Open Trash and find the deleted MOV/MP4 videos
- Select deleted videos, right click and opt Put Back
- You can also drag and drop the deleted MOV and MP4 files to desktop
- Time Machine
You can easily restore your deleted MOV/MP4 files from Time Machine backup if Time machine backup is enabled.
Just follow these steps to recover deleted or lost MOV/MP4 video files from the Time Machine.
- Go to your OS X Menu and opt System Preference
- Select TimeMachine and click on Enter Time Machine
- Hit the Time Machine icon
- Go through TimeMachine backup
- Find your deleted MOV/MP4 files, which you want to recover
- Finally, click on Restore button
Apart from above techniques, you can also recover your deleted MP4 and MOV videos from a backup stored on external storage devices (if you have a habit of copying data onto external devices).
And, if none of the above methods help you in recovering deleted videos then try Remo Recover (Mac) or Remo Recover (Windows) based on your operating system.
How to Recover Deleted Videos from Remo Recover?
Install Remo Recover i.e. Remo Video File Recovery software on your computer and follow these steps.
- Launch the tool and select Recover Deleted Photos option
- You will get a list of all available drives on the computer, opt one from where you want to recover deleted videos
- Choose Select File Type option and specify MOV or MP4, as file types to recover
- Your recovered videos will be present in File Type View or Data View
- Preview them and verify
- Finally, activate the tool and save your recovered MOV/MP4 videos.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.