Summary: Find here complete information on how to recover deleted photos from various devices like Windows computer, Mac operating system, SD card, Digital camera, Android, and iPhone due to various reasons. And also learn the hacks to avoid photo loss or deletion.
It is disheartening to delete or lose photos while transferring them to another device, accidental deletion while removing unwanted or duplicate photos, lost photos due to corruption, OS installation, etc.
No matter how you have lost or deleted photos from your Windows, Mac, SD card, Digital camera, Android, or iPhone, losing important photos is frightening.
There might be various reasons why you want to recover deleted photos but your beautiful collection of photos are not only resembles the art of photography you posses but it also reflects the hard work and passion you have put in to make them beautiful.
Are you looking to recover deleted photos?
Accidental or permanent deletion of photos can happen quite often on any device from your Windows or Mac to SD card, Digital camera, Android or iPhone.
Getting back deleted photos is no longer a myth! Here is an article helping you recover deleted or lost photos from various devices with ease.
Recover deleted photos from the following devices
No matter how carefully you work on your photos, there are various scenarios under which you might experience the deletion of images from your Windows computer.
Some of the common reasons for photo deletion are as follows:
- Accidental deletion of photos.
- Photos lost due to Windows corruption.
- Permanent deletion of photos using shift delete keys.
- Emptying or deleting photos from Recycle Bin.
- Formatting Windows computer, etc.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Windows?
Follow the below reliable methods to recover deleted or lost photos effortlessly.
1. Recover Deleted Photos from Recycle Bin
If you accidentally delete photos on Windows 10 or any other Windows operating systems like Windows 8, 8.1, 7, etc. then, the Windows computer automatically transfers the deleted pictures in the Recycle Bin.
Any accidentally deleted files including raw-images or photos can be easily recovered from the Recycle bin in simple steps.
Steps to Recover deleted photos from Recycle bin
- Open the Recycle bin on your Windows.
- Select the deleted photos which you want to restore from the Recycle bin.
- Right-click the select deleted photos and click the Restore option to get them back on your Windows computer.
After you restore deleted photos from the Recycle Bin, you can find the recovered photos on the same drive where they previously existed.
If you are unable to locate or find deleted images on the Windows Recycle bin, then this is could be due to the permanently deleted photos on the Windows computer. The following are the reliable methods to recover photos from permanent deletion.
2. Recover Permanently deleted photos using Backup
Recovering deleted photos is easy if you regularly take a backup of your important photos. Taking a backup not only helps you recover permanently deleted photos but also saves you from various scenarios of data or photos loss on Windows computers.
In case you have not taken a backup of all your deleted pictures. Then, move on to the next method to recover deleted photos using the prominent photo recovery software.
3. Recover deleted Photos using Remo Photo Recovery tool
Make use of the Remo Photo Recovery tool to safely recover permanently deleted or lost photos of various formats JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, PSD, etc. from your Windows computer in just simple clicks.
Remo Photo Recovery software is a reliable user-friendly tool to recover deleted photos, raw-images, videos, etc. on Windows. This Photo Recovery tool can easily recover more than 300 file formats on various devices like Windows computer, external hard drive, memory card, etc.
Steps to Recover deleted Photos on Windows using Remo Photo Recovery tool
- Download and install the Remo Photo Recovery tool on your Windows computer.
- Launch the tool and select the Recover Photos option.
- Now, select the drive from which you want to recover deleted or lost photos and click the Scan button to start recovering photos from your Windows.
Note: After the completion of the scanning process, you can view the recovered photos in Data View and File Type View format
- Select the deleted photos which you want to recover and click the Save button to restore them on a location of your choice.
You can make use of this tool to recover deleted images from Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, etc. This Photo Recovery tool also offers free preview of the recovered images before saving them.
If you have deleted photos on Mac computer then, there are many reliable ways through which you can get them back on macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc.
Some of the reasons for Photo loss or deletion are as follows:
- Accidental deletion of photos
- Photos lost after updating macOS to Catalina
- Permanent deletion of photos, etc.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Mac?
Unintentionally deleting photos on Mac can be frustrating! The following are the proven methods that can help you recover deleted photos on Mac including macOS Catalina with ease.
1. Recover deleted Photos from Mac Trash Bin
- Open the Trash bin on your Mac computer.
- Locate the deleted photos which you want to recover.
- Finally, Right-click on the deleted photos you have selected to restore, and click Put Back option.
After performing the above steps, the deleted images will be recovered from the Trash to their previous location.
2. Recover deleted Photos from Time Machine Backup
Before you start recovering deleted photos from Time Machine Backup, make sure your Time Machine backup disk is turned on and connected to your Mac computer.
- Open a Finder window in the folder where the deleted photos were previously located.
- Click the Time Machine Backup icon on the menu bar
- Select the Enter Time Machine Backup option
- Now you can either select the specific date on which you lost or deleted photos or you can go back in time hourly, daily, or weekly to recover deleted pictures.
- Select the deleted photos you want to get back.
- Click the Restore option to recover deleted photos.
After following the above instructions, you can easily recover deleted photos from Mac using Time Machine backup.
Note: In case, if you have not set Time Machine Backup before losing or deleting photos then, this method cannot help you recover deleted pictures. In such a scenario, make use of Remo Mac Photo Recovery software.
3. Recover deleted Photos using Remo Mac Photo Recovery tool
Utilize Remo Recover Mac which is an advanced Mac Photo Recovery tool to safely recover deleted pictures from Mac computer in simple clicks. Apart from recovering photos, this tool also recovers videos, raw-images, Office files, audio files, etc. with ease.
Make use of this Mac photo recovery tool to recover deleted images, lost photos from various data loss scenarios like formatting, photos lost due to macOS update, macOS reinstallation, etc.
Steps to Recover Deleted Photos using Remo Recover Mac Tool
- Download and install Remo Mac Photo Recovery Software to recover deleted photos on your Mac device.
- Launch this Mac Photo Recovery tool and select the Recover Photos option.
- Click the Recover Deleted Photos option.
- Now, select the Mac drive or volume on which you have deleted photos, and click Next.
- Select the deleted photo file format, which you are looking to recover from your Mac.
(If you are not sure about the deleted photo file type (like JPEG, PNG, etc.) which you want to recover then, click Skip option.)
- After the scanning process completes, select the deleted photos you want to recover and click the Save option to restore them on a location of your choice.
Before you start recovering deleted pictures from a Digital camera like GoPro, Canon, Nikon, or Sony camera, etc. Let’s first learn the causes for the deletion of images and then, move on to restore deleted photos flawlessly.
Causes of deleting or losing pictures from Digital Camera:
- Deleted photos by clicking the Delete option while verifying photos due to the sensitive touch.
- Unintentionally deleted photos while deleting unwanted photos.
- Lost or deleted photos while transferring them to the computer.
- Formatted or reformatted memory card of your digital camera like SDXC, SDHC, etc.
- Photos deleted or lost while capturing them when the camera’s battery is down.
How to Recover deleted images from Digital camera?
1. Insert Memory card Properly in your Digital camera
In some cases, you might find that photos are deleted or missing from your SD card, Android phone, or digital camera. During such times, the first thing to do is to check if the memory card or SD card is properly inserted in your respective device or not.
Properly inserting the SD card can get back your lost photos or else move on to the next method.
2. Recover deleted images from Camera using Remo Digital Camera Recovery tool
Remo Digital Camera Photo Recovery tool easily recovers deleted photos captured from various cameras like Nikon, Canon, Fujifilm, Sony, GoPro, Kodak, etc. under multiple photo loss scenarios. Download this tool now!
Steps to recover deleted images from Digital Camera
Download and launch Remo Recover software on your computer and connect the camera's memory card to your computer or Mac. Select the Recover Photos option and choose the Memory card drive from which you want to recover deleted photos and click the Scan button. After the scanning process completes, you can preview the recovered photos. Finally, select the deleted photos which you want to restore and hit the Save button to get them back on a location of your choice.
Note: Use an adapter to connect your Memory card on which you deleted photos to your computer.
If you are looking to recover deleted or lost photos from your Android device then, here is a quick and reliable guide for you!
How to Recover deleted images from Android SmartPhone?
You can easily recover recently deleted photos directly from the Google Photos app on your Android device in simple clicks.
Steps to recover deleted pictures using Google Photos app on Android
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android mobile phone.
- Go to the top left menu and select the Trash button.
- Select the recently deleted photos you want to recover from Android and then, hit the Restore option to get back your deleted photos.
Note: You can recover deleted photos from Android using the above method only if the deletion of photos from your smartphone has not exceeded more than 60 days. Remember, the above method cannot recover permanently deleted pictures from Android due to the emptied the Trash.
If are looking to recover deleted photos from Android’s SD card, then head over to next method to get back permanently deleted photos using Remo SD card recovery software.
Even though Memory cards are very useful devices to expand the storage capacity of Android SmartPhone devices, Digital cameras, etc. but they are prone to photo loss or deletion due to the various uncertainties associated with them. Regardless of how safely you keep your SD card. Photos from SD card can get deleted in one way or the other.
Various scenarios under which you might delete Photos from SD card are as follows:
- Photos deleted from the SD card due to interruptions while transferring them to the other device.
- Formatting or reformatting the SD card without any backup.
- Permanently deleted photos from SD card, Android or any other device.
- Improper ejection of memory card from Android or any other device.
- Corrupt or unreadable SD card
How to Recover deleted photos from SD card?
Utilize Remo Recover which is a professional SD card recovery tool to recover deleted images from SD card. This SD card recovery tool works with a user-friendly interface that easily helps you recover deleted photos, raw-images, videos, audio, text files, and various other documents from the SD card, external hard drive, SSD, and many more.
Steps to recover deleted photos from SD card using Remo SD card Recovery tool
- Download the Remo SD card Recovery tool on your computer and connect your SD card to it from which you want to recover deleted photos.
- Launch this tool and select the Recover Photos option.
- From the main screen, select the SD card drive on which you have deleted photos and click the Scan option.
- After the scanning process completes, you can preview the recovered deleted photos from the SD card for free.
- Finally, select, and click the Save button to recover deleted photos on your destination location.
Remo SD card Recovery tool comes with self-explanatory steps to help novice users to restore deleted pictures from various photo deletion or loss situations with ease.
There are plenty of reasons why you might lose or delete photos from your iPhone but recovering them becomes crucial. Below are the reliable methods to recover your deleted pictures from iPhone with ease.
How to Recover deleted pictures from iPhone?
The first thing to do once you accidentally delete photos from iPhone is to recover them using Recently Deleted option. In case, if you have permanently deleted photos from iPhone, then move on to the following proven methods.
1. Recover permanently deleted images using iTunes Backup
You can easily recover permanently lost or deleted photos from your iPhone using the iTunes backup method.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac with the USB cable.
- Open iTunes and click on the iPhone’s icon.
- Select the Restore Backup option.
- Now, choose the backup on which your deleted images are stored and then click the Restore option.
2. Recover deleted photos using the iCloud account
If you have backup photos on the iCloud account then follow the below instructions to recover your deleted photos with ease;
Go to the iCloud account > Sign in with your Apple ID > navigate to the photos > locate your deleted photos > select the photos you want to recover and click on the Download option.
- Regularly take a backup of your important photos. Maintaining backup can help you recover photos from various data loss scenarios like deletion, formatting, corruption, sudden interruptions, etc.
- Cross-check photos while deleting them especially when no backup of important photos has taken.
- Avoid permanently deletion of photos if you are not sure about the future importance of the photos to be deleted.
- Deleting photos from your SD card or Digital camera is the same as deleting photos permanently. So always avoid deleting a photo if you haven't saved a copy elsewhere.
- Stop using the device as soon as you have deleted or lost photos. This way you can avoid overwriting of data which decreases the chances of deleted photo recovery.
- Do not connect your SD card to the corrupt devices. This can make your SD card unreadable or corrupt. However, with the help of the Remo Recover tool, you can also recover photos from unreadable SD card in just a few steps.
- Avoid abrupt removal of the SD card to prevent photo loss due to corruption.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.