The photos on my computer were extremely disorganized. So, I decided to move them around a little bit to organize them. During the process, I have accidentally deleted an entire folder with photos worth 1GB. Are my photos still on the system? If so, how to recover deleted photos from computer? Please help!
Accidental deletion of photos is one of the most common problems many users struggle with on a regular basis. With the help of inbuilt tools and professional photo recovery software, one can recover deleted photos from a laptop or desktop easily.
Through this blog post, you will gain an understanding of both the built-in tools like File History, Time Machine, etc to recover deleted photos from a computer as well as using a specialized data recovery tool called Remo Recover.
Be it accidentally deleted photos, loss of photos due to virus attacks, corruption, data transfer or any reason; Remo Photo Recovery can recover photos from a computer in any data loss situation. Recover JPG, JPEG, PNG, PSD, GIF, TIFF or RAW images using this highly effective photo recovery software for PC or Mac!
If you’re a Mac user and want to recover deleted photos, go directly to the section recover deleted photos on Mac.
How do I recover permanently deleted photos from my computer (On Windows)?
Solution 1: Recover deleted photos from computer’s Recycle Bin
In most cases, photos deleted from the computer are moved to the Recycle Bin. So, the first place to check for deleted photos is the Recycle Bin.
- Go to the ‘Recycle Bin’ folder and see if you find your photos here
- If you find them, right-click on it and click ‘Restore’
- Now the photos will be recovered to the original location
If you don’t find the folder in the Recycle Bin, it could mean that the folder you deleted was too large and may have bypassed the Recycle Bin (sometimes without any notification). In that case, Remo Photo Recovery software can recover deleted photos from a laptop or desktop.
Solution 2: Using the File History feature
Note: This works only if you have a File History backup feature enabled on your Windows computer before the photos got deleted.
- Go to the folder from where your photos were deleted
- On the ‘Home’ tab, click ‘History’ to open the File History window
- Go through the various libraries and folders in File History to find the photos you want to recover
- Find the desired version of the file by using left and right arrows
- Finally, click ‘Restore’ to restore your photos
Solution 3: Using Photo Recovery Software for Windows
Remo Photo Recovery offers a perfect way to recover deleted photos from a computer. You can use it to successfully recover photos from various data loss scenarios like :
- When photos are accidentally deleted or when deleted using ‘Shift + Delete’
- If you are unable to find the photos in Recycle Bin you can make use of this digital media recovery software
- This photo recovery software can also recover the photos that are lost during 'cut and paste' or deleted using the command prompt
- To recover lost photos on PC during failed data transfer to storage devices
- Restore the photos that are deleted or removed due to severe virus or malware attack
- You can even use Remo Photo Recovery software to retrieve photos from a formatted computer
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Computer using Remo Photo Recovery tool?
Begin by downloading Remo Photo Recovery software on your computer and install the software. From the main screen, select ‘Recover Photos’, choose the drive from which you’d like to recover photos and click ‘Scan’. Now, all the photos in the drive will be listed. Select the photos you need and save in the desired location.
Here in this 2-minute video tutorial, you will learn how to recover deleted photos from laptop or desktop computers.
Solution 1: Retrieve Deleted Photos from Macintosh Computer Trash
Before we get into the Time Machine feature (which is the main backup and restore utility on Mac), let’s look in the ‘Trash’ folder to try and recover deleted photos from the computer.
If you find photos in the Trash, select and right-click on them. Then click ‘Put Back’ to restore them to the original location.
Solution 2: Using Time Machine backup
If you’ve been using Time Machine as your backup strategy in Mac, there’s no need for you to worry at all. Time Machine will have a backup of all photos that were accidentally deleted and you can easily get back deleted photos on Mac.
- Connect the Time Machine backup drive to your Mac computer
- Go to the ‘Applications’ folder and launch ‘Time Machine’
- Find the ‘Photos’ folder in Time Machine (You can also click ‘Package Contents’ to recover specific photos or the entire Photos library will be recovered)
- Go back in time to see when your photos were present in the ‘Photos’ folder before getting deleted
- Control click on ‘Photos Library’ and select ‘Restore Photos Library’
- Click ‘Restore’ to restore the entire Photos library
Solution 3: Using Remo Photo Recovery software for Mac
Remo Recover is a great way to recover deleted photos on Mac computer. It can recover permanently deleted photos or to recover lost photos on Mac in case of data transfer, due to virus attacks and other reasons. With support for recovery of all photo formats and support for both Mac laptops & desktops, Remo Recover is widely preferred.
Note: Remo Recover can also be used to recover deleted photos from Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Air, Mac Book, Mac Mini, iMac etc.
Watch this video tutorial to learn how to recover deleted photos from Apple computers.
Create a backup plan and abide by it to avoid loss of photos
Accidentally deleting photos, losing photos due to virus/malware or other reasons cannot be avoided and happens to the best of us. By having a backup in place at all times, your photos will be safe even when you lose one of those backup copies. But due to unfortunate accidents, when you lose the original copy of photos, Remo Recover can easily recover deleted photos from the computer.
From external hard drives to cloud storage, there are tons of backup options available for you. You can either purchase an external hard drive and save all your photos to it on a regular basis. Or you can choose cloud storage options like Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.