Saving precious events and moments of your personal life or professional work gives you the endless possibility to relish them again at any point in time. And it becomes impossible to go back in time and recapture those events if the recorded videos go missing or deleted.
Saving media files like photos or videos on an SD card is quite a common thing. As it comes with a lot of advantages and is supported by multiple devices. Such as Windows PC, Mac, Android phones, and cameras. Irrespective of the benefits the SD card offers, videos from it can get deleted or lost due to many reasons. Such as accidental deletion, SD card corruption, formatting of the SD card, improper card removal, file system errors, and many more.
If you want to perform SD card video recovery on Windows, Android, or Mac, then you need not worry! In this article, we have covered how you can safely restore deleted videos from your SD card with ease.
Facts you should know before restoring videos from SD card:
- Deleted videos from SD card do not move to the Recycle Bin. If you are trying to restore SD card data from Recycle Bin, then you must know it is not possible since Windows and Mac considers it as an external drive. And files deleted from SD card get permanently deleted on computer without moving to the Bin or Trash.
- Even though deleted videos from SD card get permanently erased but you can still recover them using reliable SD card recovery tools or manual methods.
- Before you successfully perform deleted SD card recovery, you need to stop using your memory card to avoid overwriting files as it decreases the chances of recovering complete data.
How to Recover deleted/lost Videos from SD card?
Method 1: Recover lost videos from SD card using Command Prompt
Follow the below steps to recover videos from memory card for free using the Windows command prompt:
- Connect your SD card on which you have lost videos to the Windows PC
- Type CMD in the Windows Search box and open command prompt as Administrator
- Paste chkdsk E: /f /r on the command prompt window. Make sure you replace E with
your SD card drive letter and press Enter
- Now, the command prompt will start scanning your memory card and tries to recover lost videos from it. After the process completes, you can go to the SD card and look for the new folders (example folders name with: "found.000" or "recovered files") that got created to restore deleted videos from them
- If the command prompt has not recovered any file or if the SD card shows as empty, then this could be due to multiple reasons like overwriting of videos, the health of the card, etc. In such cases, you need to make sure of reliable SD card recovery software.
Method 2: Recover deleted videos from SD card using Remo Recover Software
Integrated with deep scan technology, Remo Recover tool scans every sector of the SD card to recover lost or deleted videos without damaging them. By using its Preview feature, you can verify any recovered videos before saving them to your system for free.
Remo Recover can easily restore data SD card that is corrupt, formatted, or even undetectable on Windows Explorer. Try this tool and restore all your deleted MOV, MP4, AVI, or any other videos with ease!
To recover deleted videos from SD card using Remo Recover, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover on your computer and connect your SD card to it
Step 2: From the main screen, select your SD card drive from where you want to recover the video files
Step 3: Click on the Scan option to initiate the scanning process
Step 4: Once the Quick scan is completed, you can click on the Dynamic Recovery View. And verify the recovery results. Once the scanning is completed, go to the Deleted Files folder to locate your SD card files
Step 5: In case, if you want to restore more files, then go to the Lost and Found Files and select the other lost videos you want to get back, and click on the Recover option
Why choose Remo Recover to get back Videos from Memory card?
- Apart from recovering data from SD card, the tool also recovers data from other devices like pen drives, external HDD, SDXC, SDHC, laptop, etc.
- Remo Recover can recover videos of all formats, such as deleted or lost MP4, AVI, MOV, and even RAW format videos.
- It supports recovery from GoPro, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Canon, Kodak, and other camera brands.
- It can easily restore data from any brand of SD card like SanDisk, Kingston, Transcend, HP, Lexar, etc.
- The tool works with read-only mode algorithms that help you restore videos or any other SD card media file in its original form (without altering them).
- It allows you to preview your recovered SD card videos for free even before you save them to your desired location.
It is impossible to totally avoid the deletion of videos from SD card, but it is definitely possible to be well prepared for it. Make a habit of taking a backup of all your important photos and videos on a timely basis to retrieve them when needed. You can either use your internal/external hard drives or cloud storage (like Remo Backup, One Drive or Google Drive, etc.) to back up your important media files. Despite your best efforts, if you have still lost the videos, install Remo Recover software, and follow the instructions mentioned above for a safe and easy memory card video recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions?
To recover deleted videos from SD card of an Android phone:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover software on your PC.
Step 2: Remove your SD card from the Android phone and connect it to the computer.
Step 3: Launch the software and select the SD card to restore deleted videos from it.
Step 4: Click on the Scan button. Once the scanning completes, go to the Deleted Files folder and locate your deleted videos.
Step 5: You can also preview the videos by double-clicking on them for free. If satisfied with the result, click on the Recover button to save them in your desired location.
Follow the below method to recover deleted videos from the camera SD card:
1. Launch Remo Recover software on your computer and connect your camera card to it
2. Select the memory card to restore deleted videos from it and click on the Scan button
3. During the scanning process, click on the Dynamic Recovery View and find all your files and videos under Deleted Files folder.
4. You can also make use of the Search option to locate your deleted videos based on video format (like .mov, .mp4, etc.), name, and many more.
5. Select the videos which you want to get back and click on the Recover button
In case, if you are an android phone user and want to recover videos from micro / SD card without using a Windows PC or Mac, then follow the below reliable steps;
1. Open the Gallery app and go to the Albums
2. Now, scroll down to the Trash Bin and select the photos and videos which you want to get back
3. Click on the Restore option