Microsoft XLSX file is an open format that is very useful to store huge data on spreadsheets. At times these files might get deleted due to accidental deletion, sudden system crash, virus infections in the computer or for various other reasons. If you are looking for easy ways to recover deleted .xlsx files, you have landed at the right place. Stick till the end of the article to know how to recover XLSX file that is deleted.
Recover Deleted XLSX files from Recycle Bin
When any file gets deleted on the computer, it will first be moved to the Recycle Bin. Hence, when you have accidentally deleted the XLSX file, firstly check the Recycle Bin. This is one of the easiest ways to restore deleted XLSX files.
Open the Recycle Bin, and click on the search bar at the top right corner. Type the name of the deleted XLSX file. Finally, right-click on the file and choose Restore from the pop-up.
Recover lost XLSX files with the Recent Unsaved option.
Microsoft Excel comes with a unique option that autosaves the XLSX file every few minutes. This feature comes to the user’s rescue in a situation where the computer crashes or shuts down during a power failure. The user can easily recover the unsaved Excel files using this option. Here is how you can recover the missing XLSX files.
- Open Microsoft excel and click on Open Other Workbooks
- Now, click on the Open option from the left column
- Choose the Recent option from the list
- Next, click on the Recent Unsaved Workbooks
- From the list of autosaved files, choose the lost XLSX file and click on the open button
- Click on the File tab and choose Save As
- Browse for a location to on the computer, rename the file according to your needs and click on Save
The above-mentioned methods will help you recover the deleted XLSX file. However, it is not that effective. This is because sometimes the XLSX might not be auto-saved or can also be permanently deleted from the Recycle Bin.
You cannot rely on the above methods to recover XLSX files that are permanently deleted from the computer. The only easier way to recover deleted files from the computer is by using a professional data recovery software.
Locating a permanently deleted XLSX file on the computer is a quite difficult task. Remo data recovery tool can make your task easier in recovering the permanently deleted XLSX file. The powerful deep scan algorithm of the tool scans the entire hard drive sector by sector and recovers deleted PowerPoint files, XLSX files, PDF files, text files, etc. Download and try the software for free now.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted XLSX files
Download and install the Remo File Recovery Software on your computer. Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to recover deleted XLSX file
- On the main screen, click on Recover Files tab
- Choose the drive partition from which the XLSX file has to be recovered and click on Scan
- Once the scanning process is completed the recovered files will be displayed in File Type View and Data View.
- Look for the lost XLSX file from the two tabs and choose the recovered file
- Finally, click on Save and browse for a location on the computer to save the recovered XLSX file
The information mentioned in the article will definitely help you recover deleted XLSX files from your computer. However, one other way to perform Office files recovery is by restoring from a backup. In case you have previously stored a backup you can recover the files from it. If you do not have any backup option, use the Remo Data recovery tool to recover deleted XLSX files from the computer.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.