ZIP file is an archive file like the other compression file formats such as RAR, JPEG, TAR, GZIP, and 7z. You might have created a ZIP file to save the storage space or to reduce the actual size of the files compressed within it to ease the transfer or download process. Losing or deleting a ZIP file leads to a data loss scenario, especially when it is compressed with many important files and you have not taken a backup of it.
In this article, you will learn how to recover deleted ZIP files using two proven methods. And also find various reasons that lead to a ZIP file deletion or loss.
Recover deleted ZIP files from Recycle Bin
Whenever you delete any file from your Windows computer, it is moved to the Recycle Bin. So by making use of the following steps you can easily recover deleted ZIP files for free from your computer.
- Open Recycle Bin on your Windows computer
- Locate the deleted ZIP files or folders you want to recover
- Right-click on the selected ZIP files and choose the Restore option
Once the Recycle Bin Recovery completes, all your deleted ZIP files will be restored to their previous location on Windows.
In case, if you don’t find any deleted ZIP files on Recycle Bin, you need not worry! You can still recover them using Remo Recover. It is a specially designed data recovery software to restore more than 300 file formats such as ZIP, RAR, photos, videos, raw images, or audio files. Scroll down to the below method to know how to recover ZIP files using Remo Recover.
Why deleted ZIP files are not in the Recycle Bin?
Recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin is easier. But, sometimes you might also find difficulties in locating them. Below are the common reasons why you might not find the deleted ZIP files on Recycle Bin.
- Permanently deleted ZIP files using Shift + delete keys.
- Emptied Recycle Bin.
- Lost ZIP files after formatting.
- Missing ZIP files due to malware or virus infection.
- Lost files due to interruptions while moving ZIP files.
Recover deleted ZIP files using Remo Recover
Deleting or losing a ZIP folder means losing the complete files compressed in it. Make use of Remo Recover, user-friendly software to safely get back ZIP files under various data loss scenarios. This tool is compatible with all the versions of Windows and Mac operating systems including Windows 10 and macOS Big Sur. Download this tool to easily recover files such as ZIP, RAR, TAR, PDF files, NEF files, and many more.
To Recover ZIP files:
Step 1: Launch Remo Recover software on your Windows or Mac.
Note: If you are looking to recover files deleted from an external HDD, SSD, or USB, connect it to your system.
Step 2: Select the Recover Files option if you want to recover deleted or lost ZIP files.
(Select the Recover Partitions option if you want to recover files from severe data loss scenarios such as formatting, corruption, Windows reinstallation)
Step 3: Choose the drive on which you have lost or deleted ZIP files and click the Scan button.
Step 4: After the scanning completes, you will see all the recovered files on your screen. Select the deleted ZIP files you want to recover and click the Save button to restore them to a location of your choice.
Why Choose Remo Recover to Restore ZIP files?
- Remo Recover works with a user-friendly interface that requires only a few clicks to recover deleted RAR files or ZIP files under multiple data loss scenarios.
- This data recovery tool works with a read-only mode interface to safely recover deleted ZIP files and the data compressed within it without any alteration.
- Apart from ZIP file recovery, you can also utilize this tool to recover deleted excel files, PowerPoint files, text files, photos, videos, audio files, and many more.
- Using this software, you can easily recover files from corrupt CF card, USB, memory card, external hard drive, etc.
How to Extract the Recovered ZIP files on PC?
Once you have recovered your deleted ZIP files using the above methods, here is what you should do to extract them on your computer
- Right-click the recovered ZIP folder and select the Extract All option.
- Select a location on which you want to save the extracted files and click the Extract option.
Losing ZIP files can be disheartening since it consists of all your important files. Therefore, taking a regular backup saves you from all the data loss scenarios. However, if you have permanently deleted ZIP files without taking a backup, then you can easily restore them using this guide.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.