ZIP file is an archive file type used to store multiple file-formats or folders of any size compressed within it. Generally, ZIP file uses .ZIP or .zip file extension and it is one of the most renowned compression file formats along with the other compression file types like RAR, JPEG, TAR, etc.
Compressing files is a good way not only to save the disk space but also to increase the transfer or download speed. ZIP file stores all your important files and folders in less size compared to the original size of the files compressed within it. Hence, deleting or losing ZIP files means losing all your files and folders compressed within it.
Have you lost or deleted ZIP files?
If yes, then stick on to this article to know how to recover ZIP files with ease using the Remo Recover tool. No matter how useful ZIP files are, they are prone to data loss and corruption.
Various data loss scenarios like accidental deletion, malware, or virus issue, ZIP files lost while transferring to other devices, etc. can cause permanent deletion if no backup has taken.
It is always disheartening to lose or accidentally delete a ZIP file as it consists of all your important files and folders. If the priority is to recover deleted ZIP files instead of repairing damaged or corrupt ZIP files then, by utilizing Remo Recover software you can easily restore them in simple clicks.
How to Recover Deleted ZIP Files?
If you have deleted a ZIP file or any other folder on Windows 10 or its previous version then, it can be easily restored from the Recycle bin. But if the file is permanently deleted using shift + delete keys or emptied Recycle bin before restoring the deleted ZIP files, then you need a professional file recovery software like Remo Recover.
Download specially designed Remo Recover tool to recover deleted or lost ZIP files from any data loss scenario. Remo Recover works with advanced scanning algorithms that can safely recover more than 300 file formats like ZIP, RAR, TAR, PDF files, NEF files, photos, videos, Microsoft Office files, etc.
Steps to Recover Deleted ZIP files
(Note: You can follow the same steps to recover lost or missing ZIP files.)
Step 1: Launch Remo Recover software on your computer and select the Recover Files option to recover deleted or lost ZIP files.
Step 2: Now, choose the drive from which you have deleted ZIP files and click the Scan button to start the ZIP file recovery process.
(Note: After the ZIP recovery process completes, this tool will display the list of recovered files including your deleted ZIP files.)
Step 3: Now, select the deleted ZIP files which you want to recover and click the Save button to restore them on a location of your choice.
(Quick Note: If you want to recover files deleted from the external HDD or USB drive then, make sure you connect it to the computer.)
Why Choose Remo Recover to Restore ZIP files?
- Remo Recover works with a user-friendly interface that requires only a few clicks to recover ZIP files, deleted RAR files, etc. from all the data loss scenarios.
- As the Remo Recover tool works on a read-only mode interface it safely recovers deleted ZIP files and the data compressed within it.
- Apart from performing ZIP file recovery, you can also utilize this tool to recover excel files, PowerPoint files, text files, photos, videos, audio files, and many more.
- This File recovery tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows and Mac operating systems including Windows 10 and macOS Catalina.
If you want to extract the recovered ZIP files or folders, then here is what you should do
- Right-click the recovered zip folder and select Extract All option.
- Now, you can select a location on which you want to save the extracted files and hit the Extract option.
Common Scenarios under which you lose or delete ZIP files
- ZIP files deleted permanently with shift plus delete Keys.
- Emptied the Recycle bin after accidentally deleting ZIP files.
- Lost ZIP files due to Virus-infection or corruption.
- Files lost after formatting the computer or drive.
- Lost or deleted ZIP folders while transferring due to sudden interruptions like computer shutdown, Windows Restarts, power surge issue, etc.
Taking a regular backup of all your essential ZIP files and folders protects you from all the data loss scenarios. However, if you have permanently deleted ZIP files without taking backup then, with the help of the Remo Recover tool you can easily restore them.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.