We empty our Recycle Bin very often to free up disk space. Besides, Recycle Bin itself deletes the files after a period of time once it is piled up. Suppose you have deleted all the files from the Recycle Bin without checking. Then you realize that there was some vital data that has been deleted accidentally or by mistake. Now, we know that whenever any file is deleted from the PC, it moves to the Recycle Bin. And from the Recycle Bin, you can restore the deleted file very easily.
However, in this case, you have emptied the Recycle Bin itself. And you're probably wondering how to recover files from the Recycle Bin after emptying it. Do not be concerned about missing files. As you will see in this article, there are two reliable methods for retrieving files even after they have been deleted from the Recycle Bin.
The safest and quick solution to this problem is to download a Recycle Bin Recovery tool. Download and follow the steps discussed in the upcoming segments.
Before going forward let’s understand under what circumstances restoring deleted data from the Recycle Bin is actually possible.
Can you Recover Files after you Empty the Recycle Bin?
Yes, you can recover files even after you have emptied the Recycle Bin. This is because it is not actually erased from the hard drive whenever you delete a file. Only the space the file was occupying earlier, now becomes unallocated or free.
Thus only the pointer is removed when the file is deleted. That’s why the file is invisible from the operating system now. Windows can keep a track of all the files through its pointers. Every file stored on your PC has a pointer that indicates the file location.
But you still have an excellent chance to restore the deleted files from the Recycle Bin if you act fast so that the free space is not overwritten with new data.
How to Recover Files from Recycle Bin after Empty?
Here are two methods to recover deleted files from an empty Recycle Bin:
Method 1: Operate a Recycle Bin Recovery Software
Method 2: Restore Deleted Files from Recycle Bin using Windows Backup
Go to method 1 if you do not have a windows backup. Even if you have set up the windows backup, go to method 2 and check if it is able to restore the lost data. If it ain’t giving you the results, follow method 1.
NOTE: Once you have encountered accidental deletion of files from the Recycle Bin, it is recommended to stop using your PC. Cease to use the same PC until you recover the lost data as this will increase the chances of recovery.
Method 1: Operate a Recycle Bin Recovery Software- Remo Recover
Choose this professional data recovery tool to easily retrieve deleted files from the Recycle Bin. This software is engineered with an advanced data recovery algorithm that can safely restore files from an emptied Recycle Bin. Restore more than 300 file formats with a user-friendly graphical interface. Download and install the tool for free.
How to recover items from the Recycle Bin after emptying?
Steps to recover the deleted items from Recycle Bin using Remo Recover:
- Download and Install the Remo Recover tool on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Recover Partitions option and select the drive (such as C, D, E, etc. ). The drive should be the location of the files previously stored i.e, before deletion from the Recycle Bin.
- Then, click on the Scan option which will start the recovery process. Wait till the recovery process of deleted files from Recycle Bin shows 100% done.
- Once the scanning process is complete, the software will display all the recovered files from Recycle Bin in Data view and File Type View. Select the files that you wanted to recover and click on the Save button to restore them at your desired location.
Method 2: Restore Files from an Emptied Recycle Bin using Windows Backup
You can use Windows Backup to retrieve the files after they are deleted from the Recycle Bin. But it will work only if you have set up a backup under the Backup and Restore option. Otherwise, it is nearly impossible to recover an emptied Recycle Bin without any backup.
The only way out is to use reliable data recovery software. Employing a Recycle Bin Recovery software like Remo Recover will do the job for you. But if you have a Windows backup follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start button on your Windows PC and type Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security and then click on Backup and Restore.
- To restore your files click on Restore my files.
- Then to verify the contents of the backup click on Browse for Files.
If you have a regularly scheduled backup you will be able to restore the deleted files from Windows 10 through this method. Most users do not rely on this backup because of its configuration it might not backup the files in the Recycle Bin and also it does not have single file restorations. This makes the process hectic and unhandy.
Go ahead with the ultimate way out to recover items deleted from the Recycle Bin in the previous segment.
Recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin is simple and possible when you do not use shift+delete to erase the files. However, if you have mistakenly emptied the Recycle Bin or shift deleted the files, Remo Recover can be your ally here to restore the files.
To avoid permanent loss of data from the Recycle Bin, it is always recommended to create a backup and update it periodically. Be careful while deleting files using shift delete keys as it doesn’t leave any trace of deleted files in the Recycle Bin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where do Files go after emptying Recycle Bin?
Whenever you delete a file from the Recycle Bin, Windows will just remove the reference to the file on the hard drive. Thus, once the file reference or file header is removed your PC won’t be able to access the deleted file anymore. The space is now free and is ready to be taken by a new file. Though the file that was deleted will be still there on the hard drive until it is overwritten.
2. How to recover deleted files from recycle bin after empty without software?
You can recover files from Recycle Bin and OneDrive without software using Windows Backup.
3. Can you get files back after emptying recycle bin using Windows backup?
Windows Backup allows you to recover files from recycle bin without using the software. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recover files using recycle bin.
- Click on the “ Start” button and type ‘’Control panel”.
- Now, Open Control Panel and click on “ System and Security”, Then Click on “Backup and Restore”.
- Click on “ Restore my files”.
4. Can you get files back after emptying recycle bin using OneDrive?
If you are using OneDrive to store your data, then you can find the data from recycle bin easily by just following a few steps.
- Firstly, you need to log in to your MS account on the OneDrive website.
- Scroll down the menu and click on Recycle Bin on the left side.
- Now, Find the File you want and click on Restore.