Summary: Lost all your files due to a virus attack? Looking for a way to recover files from virus infected USB or hard drive? This article has everything you need for recover your data in no time. Also features an exemplary data recovery software by Remo.
COVID-19 is not the only virus that the world is battling against. With the continuous surge in internet speed and number of devices connected to the internet, there is no denying the possible threat to your devices and data present in it.
Irrespective of how cautious we are and how secure we think we are with our devices, it takes seconds for a malware or a virus to get into your device and delete all your data or damage your device.
In some cases malware like ransomware can completely make your computer inaccessible and put you in deep trouble.
It is always recommended to secure your devices with a trusted anti virus program and be aware of the things you are downloading and sites you are downloading from.
Now, if you are one of those users who have lost their files due to Virus infection, follow the below mentioned sections to recover files from virus infected drives.
How Can I Recover My Deleted Files By Virus?
There are multiple ways to recover deleted files by virus. Before going on to know how to recover you need to understand the scenario from which you are trying to recover data.
Important Note: Do not directly run antivirus software thinking that you will recover data. This might permanently delete your files and you might not be able to get it back.
- Scenario 1: If your virus infected drive is working fine but some of your files are missing or hidden, then you should make use of command prompt to work around with the chkdsk and attrib command.
- Scenario 2: If you are having a hard drive or USB drive that’s completely damaged due to virus attack and you are looking to recover data from the hard drive, it is best recommended to directly use a data recovery software.
Remo’s Data Recovery Software for USB, SD card and hard drives is the tool that can help you with virus file recovery. The advanced scan engine of the tool ensures that the entire drive is scanned sector by sector and data deleted or lost after virus attack is recovered.
The best part is that the tool is completely free to download and try. Download now.
Recover Files from Virus Infected USB or Hard Drive through CMD
To recover files from virus infected USB or hard drive using CMD, connect the virus infected USB, SD card or hard drive to your computer and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Type CMD in search bar and open command prompt window
- In command prompt window enter the following command chkdsk E: /f (E is the drive letter from which you want to recover virus infected files) and press Enter
- Now press Y and hit Enter
- Again press E (drive letter) and hit Enter
- Now enter the attrib command, attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit Enter
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, your computer will start fixing issues with the virus infected external drive or USB. This method will help you get back your files after from a virus infected drive in some time.
If you were not successful with the above mentioned method, then you should make use of a powerful data recovery software that can get back your data even after severe malware infection.
Remo Recover is one of the most trusted data recovery software across the globe for its simple yet effective data recovery process. The tool is completely free where you can try to recover your data lost due to virus attack. You can literally check that with the help of preview feature.
Stop wasting time and start recovering now.
How to Recover Files from Virus Attack [Deleted or Lost] Using Remo?
To perform virus file recovery using Remo, connect the virus infected drive on to your computer, download and install Remo Data Recovery Software and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Launch the tool, click on Recover Partitions and select the virus infected USB drive or SD card and click on Scan
- Software starts scanning process and soon after completion of scan the tool displays recovered data
- Use the Preview feature to verify the recovered data and finally if you are satisfied with virus file recovery click on Save.
Did you Know?
If you have maintained a backup on your Windows computer, you can easily recover the lost files from virus attack easily by restoring from the backup. If you do not have a backup, its high time you start maintaining a regular backup of data.
Tips to Never Lose your Data and Protect your device from Virus
- Never download any attachment from an anonymous mails they might contain a trojan
- Avoid downloading files from websites that are not genuine or those which look spam
- Make sure you scan the USB drive or any external drive before you access the files
- Antivirus software to protect your computer from potential virus threat
- Last but not the least, if you ever lose data make sure you use Remo
Malware threats or virus attacks are going to be a serious problem in the coming days of the future. The only way to be safe is to be cautious of what we surf on the internet and be wary of the drives we associate our computers with. I hope the methods mentioned in the article helped you recover deleted or lost files from virus infected drives.
Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section and do not forget to give your feedback by reviewing Remo.