Formatting an SD card on Mac might be due to various reasons like memory card corruption, disk formatting error, poor SD card performance, human errors or changing SD card file system, etc.
Irrespective of the reason for SD card formatting on Mac, the data saved on it gets completely erased. If you have taken a backup of your important files before you formatted your SD card on Mac using the Disk Utility function, then it saves you from a permanent data loss scenario.
Is it possible to recover a formatted SD card on Mac?
Yes, it is possible to recover a formatted SD card on Mac. In case, if you have formatted SD card without taking a backup of your important files, then stop using it. You can recover formatted SD cards using Remo Recover Mac. When you have lost data after formatting, adding any more files on it will overwrite the recoverable lost files and thereby making formatted SD data recovery on Mac impossible.
Remo Recover Mac | A Trustworthy SD Data Recovery tool with more than 15 million downloads
Make use of Remo Recover to easily restore data from a formatted SD card on Mac in simple clicks. This tool works with powerful data recovery algorithms to safely scan and recover more than 300 file formats such as photos, raw-images, videos, audio files, Office files, text documents, and many more. Apart from recovering formatted SD card on Mac, you can also utilize this tool to restore deleted or lost data from corrupted, unrecognized, or inaccessible micro/ SD card, SDHC/ SDXC card, external hard drive, USB drive, etc.
How to Recover Data from Formatted SD card on Mac?
- Download and install Remo Recover Mac software on your Mac system and connect the formatted SD card to it.
- Launch the tool to recover formatted SD card data on Mac and choose Recover Volumes / Drives option.
- Choose the Formatted / Reformatted Recovery option to restore the formatted memory card on Mac.
- Select the formatted SD card drive from which you want to recover files on Mac and click the Next button.
- Choose the Advance Scan option and wait till the scanning process completes. Now, all your formatted memory card data will be displayed to you in Data View and File Type View.
- Select the files which you want to recover from the formatted SD card on Mac and click the Save option to restore them to the desired location.
Why Remo Recover to Restore data from formatted SD card on Mac?
- Safest Tool: Remo Recover Mac is a secure SD card recovery tool that works with the principle of recovering data without altering or harming the original content. Moreover, this is free from virus or any malware attack and safe to download on any Mac device.
- Free Preview: This tool offers a free preview of the recovered files from formatted SD cards such as photos and videos.
- SD card Brands: Remo Recover Mac not only recovers data from various forms of memory card like micro SD card, SDXC, SDHC, etc. but also supports formatted SD card recovery on Mac from various brands of SD card like SanDisk, Samsung, Sony, Lexar, Kingston, HP, Transcend, etc.
- Highly Compatible: Remo SD Card Recovery tool is compatible with all the latest versions of macOS including Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc.
- Supported Devices: Remo Recover Mac not only recovers data from SD card on Mac but it also easily recovers data from internal Mac HDD and various external storage devices like pen drive, external hard drive, SSD, and many more.
Must-Read Tips to avoid data loss scenario | SD card formatting on Mac
- Always take a backup of your important photos before formatting the SD card on Mac. It is recommended to make use of Time Machine Backup on Mac to avoid data loss.
- Follow the reliable method of formatting an SD card on Mac and also ensure to meet all pre-requisites of SD card formatting.
- Stop using your memory card if you have forcefully or accidentally formatted it on Mac to avoid overwriting of lost files.
- Avoid unreliable methods of recovering formatted SD card on Mac to prevent permanent data loss scenario.
- Recover formatted SD card on Mac using Remo Recover Mac software if no backup is taken.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.