If you are looking for a solution to recover missing or lost photos on Mac after the update, then you have landed on the right page. Although upgrades better computer performance and is inevitable, data loss may be one of the downsides.The latest macOS Catalina comes with superior features compared to the previous macOS like Mojave, High Sierra, etc. If you have lost photos after upgrading your macOS from Mojave or High Sierra to Catalina, scroll down to recover lost photos on Mac after update.
Why Are Some Of My Photos Missing In iPhoto After Update?
- If your Mac system crashes while upgrading to Catalina or any other macOS, then this might lead to a photo loss situation
- Improper or unreliable methods utilized for Mac update
- Sudden Mac shutdown while upgrading macOS to High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina
Find 3 Different Successful Methods to Recover Lost Photos on Mac After Updating to Catalina, Mojave or High Sierra:
|1. How to recover iPhoto pictures missing after upgrade from iPhoto Library?|
Watch This Video Tutorial to Recover Missing iPhoto Pictures After Upgrade
Remo Mac Photo Recovery tool helps Recovering lost, deleted and even inaccessible photos such as JPEG, PNG, PSD, JPG, GIF, TIFF, RAW images, videos, etc. after updating macOS to Catalina.
Remo Mac Photo Recovery software is a very efficient tool that can recover more than 300 file types not only after Mac update but also from macOS reinstallation, formatted Mac, external hard drives, SSD, USB drive, etc. Download This Tool Now!!!
An iPhoto library is a package that contains all your photos arranged into a separate location. Follow the steps to know how you can recover lost iPhoto pictures after upgrade to Catalina, Mojave, or High Sierra, etc.
Home > Users > Username > Pictures > Click iPhoto Library > Now Right-click it to select Show Package Contents > Open Masters or Originals folder > locate your original iPhoto photos.
However, if you have failed to restore Photos from iPhoto Library try recovering it from Time Machine Backup.
(Note: The same steps can be utilized to recover iPhoto pictures lost after upgrading to Sierra, High Sierra, or Mojave.)
Follow the below-mentioned steps to recover lost photos if you have set Time Machine Backup before upgrading macOS.
Go to Apple menu > click System Preferences > Then, click Time Machine > Now, tick the checkbox Show Time Machine on the menu bar
- Click the Time Machine Backup icon on the menu bar
- Select the Enter Time Machine Backup option
- Now you can either select the specific date on which you lost your photos after the up-gradation to the latest macOS or you can go back in time hourly, daily or weekly by clicking on the upper arrow to recover iPhoto pictures
- Select the photos you want to recover and then click Restore to recover lost photos from Time Machine Backup after macOS up-gradation
Note: If you haven’t scheduled Time Machine Backup before upgrading to Catalina or any other macOS, then you cannot restore photos from Time Machine.
In such cases, utilize the Remo Mac Photo Recovery tool which can recover lost photos on Mac after updating to Catalina, Mojave, Sierra, High Sierra, etc. even if you have not scheduled Time Machine Backup before Mac Upgradation.
Why choose the Remo Mac Photo Recovery tool to recover lost photos after Sierra, Mojave or Catalina update?
- Remo Mac Photo Recovery supports the recovery of deleted Photos, Raw-images, videos, audio, and other media file not only from Mac systems but also from digital cameras, external hard drives, SSDs, memory cards, USB drive, etc.
- It supports recovery in different data loss scenarios like deletion, lost, formatting, etc. from MacBook Air, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, iMac Pro, etc.
- A prominent tool to recover missing files after Mac Catalina update and other latest macOS versions like Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc. with ease.
- Remo Mac Photo Recovery tool supports:
- Photo formats: JPEG, JPG, JFIF, JPEG 2000, TIFF, TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, WebP, Exif, PPM, PGM, PBM, PNM, HEIF, BAT, etc.
- Raw image formats: CR2, CRW, NEF, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, 3FR, RAW, X3F, PEF, DNG, RAF, KDC, K25, DCR, R3D, CAP, EIP, EIP, PTX, JPEF, 3FR, PXN, etc.
Download and install Remo Mac Photo Recovery Software to recover lost photos after Sierra update.
- Launch Remo Mac Photo Recovery software on your Mac computer.
- Select Recover Photos on the main screen and click Recover Lost Photos option to restore lost photos on Mac after Catalina or any other macOS update.
- Select the Mac drive or volume from which you are looking to recover lost photos after Sierra, Mojave, or Catalina update and click Next
- Select the lost photo file type which you are looking to recover after macOS update and click Next.
(If you are not sure about the file type of your missing iPhoto pictures or lost photos, click Skip option.)
- After the scanning process completes, choose the desired location to save the recovered lost photos on Mac after update by clicking the Save option.
Note: It is recommended to maintain a backup of your important photos before upgrading Mac to avoid photo loss situations.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.