Microsoft Office provides you with various options to Create Documents, spreadsheets, and even PowerPoint presentations. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, you might have lost these files. Regardless, there are methods to quickly locate and recover these lost Office files. Stick till the end of the article to know how to recover Microsoft Office files.
Can I recover Microsoft Office Files?
Yes, you can recover Microsoft Office Files. Your Microsoft Office files could be lost due to sudden system crash, virus infections, physical damage to the storage drive, or any other unforeseen reasons.
If there was a system crash while working on MS Office files can be lost, you can recover these files from the AutoRecover folder on your computer. With the AutoRecover option, you can recover Word Document, Excel Spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation, that are automatically saved and recovered during an event of a system crash.
In case you have lost your Word file from drive corruption or any other reasons, you can recover files from the drive with the help of a data recovery tool. Both of these methods are mentioned in the article. Follow the further sections to know more.
How to Recover Office Files from AutoRecover Folder?
In order to recover lost Office file such as a Word document from the Autosaved file location, follow the below instructions carefully
- Open Word application, click on the File tab and choose Options from the left column
- Now choose Save and copy the path form the AutoRecover file location field
- After copying the path open File Explorer and paste the path on the address bar
- Now, from the folder locate the file that you need with the extension (.asd) and copy the file
- Next, click on the File tab from the Word and choose on Open option
- At the bottom of the screen find the Recover Unsaved Document button and click on it
- Copy the (.asd) file and hit the Open button
- Finally save the recovered office file using Save As an option
Note: By following the above-mentioned steps carefully, you will be able to recover MS Word documents easily. However, the same steps also apply for recovering deleted excel files and Powerpoint presentations.
Office File Recovery made easy with Remo Recover
If you are unable to recover the files from AutoRecover location, then recovering missing office files can get tricky. However, by using a trusted file recovery software, you can recover the data safely and quickly.
When you lose Office file on your computer, it is important to act fast and use the right tool to recover them. This increases your chances of recovering lost Office files. With an efficient tool such as Remo Office file Recover Software, you can recover Office files safely. The powerful deep scan engine of the software scouts the entire storage drive sector by sector and retrieves the files. Get the advantage of recovering MSWord Document, MS Excel Spreadsheets, and even PowerPoint Presentation using just one tool. Download and install the Remo Recover now.
Additional information: If you are specifically looking to recover deleted Powerpoint presentation, you will get the complete information by clicking on the given link
How to Recover Office files using File recovery software?
Download and install the Remo Office file recovery tool on your computer and follow the below-mentioned steps carefully
- Launch the application and choose on Recover Files tab
- Now, choose the drive from which you need to recover the Office files and click on Scan
- After the completion of the scanning process, the recovered data will be displayed in Data View and File Type View
- Browse between the two tabs to recover locate and find the recovered Office files
- Finally, click on Save and browse for a location to save the files
The data loss scenarios can be unpredictable, the only way to be well prepared for these situations is by taking regular backup of the important files. This good practice requires you to take frequent and regular backups or data loss can become inevitable. You can recover MS files from the AutoRecover folder only if the feature is enabled. In case you are not able to recover Office files using the auto recover option, kindly use a trusted file recovery tool to recover the files.