USB drives or pen drives have been developed to make sure that the life of their user is simplified to a great extent in storing various files. Though by nature, USB drives are handy and portable. However, they are vulnerable to many issues and problems that cause sensitive data loss. We often tend to save a lot of Office files like Excel files, Powerpoint presentations, and Word documents on the flash drive. Losing these files on the drive can be a nightmare especially when you no longer have the access to the original source.
If you are looking for methods to recover your lost or deleted MS Office documents from a USB drive then this information may as well be the perfect solution for you.USB drives are plug-and-play. This means a user might connect a USB drive to any number of computers and transfer a lot of data between them. Unfortunately, using the drive between multiple computers is a threat to data existing on the pen drive. For example, malware, unstable USB ports, corrupted flash drives, or deleted MS Office files. Data loss on USB can occur due to many reasons.
How Can I Recover My Deleted or Lost MS Office Files from USB?
You can recover deleted or lost MS Office files from a USB drive using a file recovery tool that can detect all MS Office file formats such as .doc, .docs, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .pst, .mbd. Integrated with high precision scan engines Remo is one such software that can perfectly recover lost or deleted MS Office files from the USB drive. In addition, the tool comes with a Recover Partition option that will assist you in recovering MS Office files even from damaged, corrupted, or formatted USB drives.
Steps to Recover MS Office Files from a USB drive
Download and install the Remo Recover software by clicking on the download button. Launch the software.
- Click on the Recover Files option and select the USB drives that you saved your MS Office files. Now click on scan
- After scanning the drive, the data recovery tool will recover the Microsoft Office files that have been deleted or lost and list them in the recovery window.
- You can differentiate the MS Word files, MS Excel, PowerPoint files, and PST files from each other with the help of data type and file type view.
- Select the Office files that are lost and click on the Save button to recover them.
That is all it takes, three simple steps to recover your lost or deleted data from a USB drive.
Features of MS Office File Recovery Software
- Since the files that are deleted from a flash drive cannot be recovered from a Recycle Bin Remo Data Recovery software is engineered to recover the MS Office files that are not even available in Recycle B
- Hardwired with recover partition option, a dedicated feature that is developed to recover data from complex data loss scenarios such as corrupted USB flash drives or recover data from the unreadable external hard drives.
- The tool is available in both Mac and Windows variants to support recovering USB drives even on Mac platforms.
- Remo Data Recovery software flawlessly supports all brands of USB flash drives. That means you can recover data from SanDisk, Kingston, Transcend, Samsung, HP, and all the brands that are available in the market.
- The tool is Both Windows 10 and Mac Catalina Ready.
Precautions to Avoid MS Office File loss from USB flash Drive
There are numerous free cloud storage services available. Typically, any MS Office file doesn’t require a lot of space, so you can perfectly use a cloud storage space with a free account. If you don’t prefer storing on cloud storage, it better to safely maintain the USB flash drive and practice following precautions
- Regular defragmentation to avoid un-correctable storage sectors on your USB drive
- Scan for malware after using it on a different computer and keep your anti-virus updated all the time
Always maintain a backup copy of the most important files saved on your USB flash drive
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.