Deleting crucial files or documents by mistake and realizing their future importance is very common. However, any accidentally deleted files can be easily recovered from the Windows Recycle Bin. But what if you have emptied the Recycle Bin or deleted files bypassed the Recycle Bin?
In this guide, find out the proven ways to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using different methods. Also, we have answered various questions one might ask on Recycle Bin recovery.
When you delete files from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin stores them on a basis of First in First out. And if you empty the Recycle Bin or manually delete the files saved on it or the Recycle Bin folder reaches its maximum capacity of storing deleted files, then it permanently deletes the files and creates a space for the newly deleted files.
During the permanent deletion of files, the space occupied by your data will be marked as ready to be overwritten. And until the permanently deleted files from Recycle Bin are not overwritten with new files, you can easily recover them with the help of Remo Recover software.
Table of Contents:
The first thing to check for the deleted files from a Windows computer is the Recycle Bin. Follow the steps given below to recover your accidentally deleted photos, files, or videos for free. This method only applies if you have not emptied or removed files from the Recycle Bin.
- Open Recycle Bin on your Windows computer.
- Select the deleted files which you want to recover.
- Right-click on the selected files and click the Restore.
- Now, your deleted files from the Recycle Bin will be restored to their previous location.
Why deleted files are not existing in the Recycle Bin?
Some of the common reasons that remove deleted files from the Recycle Bin are as follows;
- Emptied Recycle Bin.
- Manually deleted files from Recycle Bin.
- Deleted files using Shift + Delete keys.
- Files bypass Windows Recycle Bin.
- Recycle Bin permanently deleted files to create space.
- Deleted files are more than the available capacity of the Recycle Bin.
During any of the above permanent data loss scenarios, you cannot undelete files from the Recycle Bin. But if you have taken a backup of important files, then you can make use of it.
If you have not taken a backup of important files, then you need not worry! You can still perform Recycle Bin recovery.
If you are looking to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin without any software, use File History. This feature on Windows operating system works similarly to the way Time Machine Backup works on Mac. If you have activated File History before data loss, then you can recover deleted files from your PC by going back to the previous version.
- Open the Windows File Explorer.
- Go to the folder in which you had saved your deleted files.
- Click on the Home tab and then select the History button.
- You can navigate through time using the arrow buttons to locate the previous version you want to recover deleted files.
- Now, select the files that you want to recover and click the Restore button. Now, all your deleted files from Recycle Bin will be restored to their original location.
In case, if none of the above methods works for you to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin, then scroll down.
Is Recycle Bin Recovery possible?
Emptying the Recycle Bin or deleting files saved on the Recycle Bin no longer means you have lost your precious data forever. In any of those data loss scenarios, you can easily perform Recycle Bin recovery and get back all your data.
Utilize Remo Recover tool to restore deleted data from Recycle Bin in simple clicks. This software works with advanced data recovery algorithms to safely restore more than 300 file formats such as photos, raw images, videos, PDFs, Excel files, Word documents, or PPTs from the Windows Recycle Bin.
- Download and Install the Remo Recover tool and click the Recover Partitions option.
- Select the C drive (or any other location such as D or E drive ) from where you want to restore the deleted files and click the Scan option. Now, the tool starts recovering the deleted files from Recycle Bin.
- After the scanning process completes, the Remo Recover tool displays all the recovered files from Recycle Bin in Data view and File Type View. Select the files which you want to get back and click the Save button to restore them to any location of your choice.
Why Remo Recover to perform Recycle Bin Recovery?
- Remo Recover software works with read-only mode algorithms to safely recover deleted files from Recycle Bin without altering the original content.
- This tool offers a free preview of the recovered files from Recycle Bin. Such as photos or videos.
- It only takes few simple clicks to get back your permanently deleted files from Recycle Bin.
- It is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows operating systems including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
- Apart from recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin, you can make use of this tool to recover files from external hard drives, pen drives, SSD, and other external storage drives.
- Take a regular backup of all your important files.
- Once, you encounter permanent deletion of files from Recycle Bin, it is recommended to stop using your PC until you don’t recover data from Recycle Bin.
- Do not delete files from Recycle Bin unless they are not relevant to you.
- Be careful while deleting files using shift delete keys as it doesn’t leave any trace of deleted files in Recycle Bin.
- Do not empty Recycle Bin if it has any of your important files or folders.
- Make use of Remo Recover software to restore data from permanent deletion of files from Recycle Bin.
1) Do deleted files from USB go to the Recycle Bin?
No. Any deleted files from a USB drive do not go to the Recycle Bin since it is a removal device. Only deleted files from the Windows hard drive are moved to the Recycle Bin. But, you will wonder to know that USB or external hard drive has its own Recycle Bin where it saves all its deleted files. In case, if you want to recover deleted files from a USB, then you just need to connect them to your Windows computer and start recovering data from it using Remo Recover software.
2) Can I recover permanently deleted files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10?
Yes, you can easily recover permanently deleted files from Recycle Bin on Windows 10 and also from its previous versions like Windows 8.1, 8, 7, etc., using the Remo Recover tool.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.