SD card is a non-volatile portable storage device which comes in multiple form factors. The ultimate purpose of an SD card is to store tons of files, pictures, videos, raw-images, audio files, etc. depending on its storage capacity. Regardless of SD card size or form factor, the files saved on the SD card can be deleted using your Mac or lost unintentionally due to various reasons.
Undoubtedly, losing these pictures, videos and various important files from the SD card can leave you feeling helpless. No matter how you have deleted, lost or formatted files from an SD card on a Mac computer, there are reliable ways to perform SD card recovery on Mac.
In case if you have deleted files from SD card on Mac, then you need not worry! This article helps you to recover deleted files from SD card on Mac using the below 3 proven methods.
If you are looking for a direct solution to recover deleted files from SD card on Mac using a reliable SD card Recovery Mac software, then there is no better tool than Remo Recover Mac.
SD Card Recovery on Mac using Remo Recover Mac tool | Expert's choice
Utilize Remo Recover Mac, which is an ultimate Mac SD card recovery tool designed with powerful algorithms to recover files from SD card under various data loss scenarios like accidental or permanent deletion of SD card files, SD card corruption, formatted or reformatted SD, etc.
5 Steps to Recover Deleted files from SD card on Mac
Make use of the following steps to recover your permanently lost or deleted photos, audio files, videos, documents, or any other files using this Mac SD card Recovery software easily.
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover Mac software to perform SD Card Recovery on Mac.
Step 2: Launch this SD card recovery tool on Mac and select any one of the following options based on your need.
- Recover Files: To recover deleted or lost files in a simple data loss/ deletion scenario.
- Recover Photos: To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or other media files from your SD card.
- Recover Volumes/ Drives: To recover files from formatted/ reformatted or corrupted SD card. Use this option in a complex data loss scenario.
Step 3: Select the SD card drive from all the available drives to recover files deleted from it and click Next.
Note: Now, you can select a specific type of files such as (photos: PNG, JPEG, RAW-Image, TIFF, etc.) or (videos: .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) if you are looking to recover only specific file formats from your SD card or else click Skip option.
Step 4: After the completion of the scanning process, all the deleted files from SD card on Mac will be displayed in Data View and File Type View.
Step 5: Now, select the desired deleted files which you want to recover from SD card on Mac and click the Save option to restore all your deleted SD card files on a location of your choice.
- Make use of Advance Scan option to restore deleted files from SD card on Mac from complex data loss scenarios.
- After the completion of the SD card recovery process on Mac, you can preview your recovered photos or videos before saving them into your desired location.
Things you will learn on this Page
Below are the multiple reasons under which one might lose or delete files from an SD card on Mac
- Accidental or permanent deletion of files, photos, and videos from SD card on Mac.
- Formatting or reformatting SD card on Mac without taking a backup of important files.
- Connecting SD card to virus-infected or malware attacked devices can corrupt the SD card and make your SD card files inaccessible.
- Sudden interruptions while reading or transferring files from SD card to other devices like Mac or Windows can cause data loss.
- Improper ejection of SD card on Mac devices can lead to the deletion of important photos or videos.
Below are 3 reliable ways to recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or any other media files from SD card on Mac. Before you move on to it let us look at the tips given below to recover SD card files on Mac successfully.
|1. Mac Trash Bin||2. Time Machine Backup||3. Remo Recover Mac tool|
Tips to Recover complete files from SD card on Mac
- Do not overwrite your SD card on which you have lost or deleted files. Adding or updating the existing files can avoid complete SD card Recovery on Mac.
- It is recommended to recover files from SD card on Mac soon after you lose or delete from it. This will ensure hassle-free recovery of deleted files from SD card.
- If you have formatted your SD card on Mac to save some memory, or due to SD card corruption or error, it is suggested to avoid reformatting your SD card till you recover data from it.
Trash is a temporary storage in Mac, wherein you will find all your recently deleted photos, videos, or files for a certain period of time. However, you can locate your permanently deleted files or photos in Trash.
- Open Trash bin on your Mac computer.
- Locate and select the deleted photos or files which you want to recover from Trash.
- Right-click on the selected files, and click the Put Back option to restore deleted photos from Mac Trash.
After performing the above steps, the deleted images will be recovered from the Trash to their previous location. In case, if the files are deleted permanently using Option + Command + Delete or emptied Mac Trash then, this will lead to permanent loss of data.
Note: Deleting files from SD card or any external storage devices like USB, SSD, external hard drive, etc. cannot save a copy of the deleted files in Trash.
If you are unable to locate your deleted SD card files or photos on Mac Trash, then, make use of the Time Machine Backup or a professional SD card recovery tool like Remo Recover Mac to restore permanently deleted files from SD card on Mac with ease.
With the help of this Time Machine Backup method, you can easily restore deleted files but before you start recovering data, make sure your Time Machine backup disk is turned on.
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the Time Machine application.
- Now, tick the checkbox Show Time Machine on the menu bar.
- Connect your Time Machine Machine Backup drive to your Mac and click the Time Machine Backup icon on the menu bar to recover deleted files, photos, or videos.
- Select the Enter Time Machine Backup option
- Now you can either select the specific date on which you have lost your files or you can go back in time hourly, daily, or weekly by clicking on the upper arrow.
- Select the deleted files or photos which you want to recover and then click Restore.
Note: If you haven’t scheduled Time Machine Backup before losing or deleted files from SD card on Mac, then the deleted files from SD card cannot be restored using this method.
In such a case, it is suggested to utilize Remo Recover Mac which is the best data recovery software for Mac to easily recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or any other file formats from SD card or any external drive on Mac. It supports file recovery from multiple file systems including the latest APFS, exFAT, HFS, HFS+, etc.
Download Remo Recover Mac which is a user-friendly tool to restore your important files or photos deleted from SD card with ease. This Mac SD card Recovery tool is an ultimate solution to recover more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, audio files, text files, Microsoft Office files, and many more.
How to perform SD card Recovery on Mac using Remo Recover Mac Software?
- A user-friendly SD card Recovery tool designed to safely restore deleted files, photos, videos, etc. on Mac in simple clicks.
- Remo Recover Mac is compatible with all the latest versions of Mac operating systems including macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, and its previous versions.
- Effortlessly performs SD card recovery on Mac under various data loss scenarios starting from deletion of files to formatting, reformatting, corrupt or unreadable SD card.
- This Mac SD card recovery tool can easily recover more than 300 file types like photos, videos, audio files, text files, etc. from various brands of SD card like SanDisk, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, Sony, PNY, etc.
- Remo Recover Mac does not only recovers data from SD card, SDHC, or SDXC card but it also easily recovers data from CF card, pen drive, SSD, external hard drive, and many more.
- Always take a regular backup of all your important files to avoid the accidental deletion of files or the formatting of SD card on Mac.
- Make sure you verify files before permanently deleting them.
- If your SD card is corrupt, inaccessible, or unreadable, it is suggested to first recover data before repairing it.
- Properly eject your SD card on the camera, Mac, or any other devices.
- Do not connect your SD card to virus-infected or malware attacked devices.
- Avoid interruptions while transferring photos or files from SD card to another device.
1. How to connect SD card on Mac?
You can connect your SD card to Mac with the help of an in-built card reader on Mac or by using an external card reader. Once you properly insert the SD card in the card reader, your SD card will appear in the Mac Desktop. Now, you can easily access the files saved on it. Before you remove your SD card, make sure you properly eject it to avoid data loss or corruption.
2. Which is the best SD card recovery software for Mac?
Remo Recover Mac is one of the best Mac data recovery software designed to recover deleted or lost files from SD card. Remo Recover Mac works with advanced algorithms to safely recover more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, audio files, Microsoft Office files, raw-images, etc. without altering the original content. Moreover, this Mac SD card recovery tool can also recover files from various external drives like SSD, external hard disk, pen drive, etc. under various data loss scenarios.
3. Is Remo Recover Mac free to download?
Yes, Remo Recover Mac is free to download. And it is available for the versions of macOS like Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc. The best thing about Remo Recover Mac is it also offers a free preview of the recovered files from SD card on Mac such as photos or videos.
4. Can Remo Recover Mac restore data from unreadable or unrecognizable SD card?
Yes, with the help of Remo Recover Mac you can easily restore data from unreadable or unrecognized SD card, USB, drive, external hard drive, or SSD.
5. How to fix Corrupt SD card on Mac?
- Try to insert the SD card in a different card reader or device to check if all your files or photos are visible or not.
- Perform First Aid of Disk Utility to fix an unreadable or corrupt SD card on Mac.
- Format corrupt or unreadable SD card with a backup. In case if you have not taken a backup, then use Remo Recover Mac, which is a prominent SD card recovery software on Mac.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.