SD cards are not only important to save the photos or videos shot on camera or any other device, but they are also used to take a backup of your important files. Undoubtedly, losing pictures, videos or any files from an SD card can be worrisome. If you have deleted files from SD card on Mac, then you need not worry!
In this guide, you will find out the proven methods to easily recover data from SD card on Mac. And also, find FAQs and tips to successfully perform SD card recovery on any version of the Mac operating system.
In case, if you are looking for an SD card recovery tool for Mac, then use Remo Recover. It is a prominent SD card recovery software designed with powerful algorithms to recover files of any type under various data loss scenarios. Such as accidental or permanent deletion of SD card files on Mac, SD card corruption, formatted or reformatted SD card, and many more.
SD Card Recovery on Mac | Expert Guide
Tips to Recover complete files from SD card on Mac - Successfully
- Do not overwrite your SD card on which you have lost or deleted files. Adding or updating the existing files can avoid complete SD card Recovery on Mac.
- It is recommended to recover files from SD cards on Mac soon after you lose or delete them. This will ensure hassle-free recovery of deleted photos from SD card.
- If you have formatted your SD card on Mac to save some memory, or due to SD card corruption or error, it is suggested to avoid reformatting your SD card till you recover data from it.
Below are 3 reliable ways to recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or any other media files from SD card on Mac. Before you move on to it let us look at the tips given below to recover SD card files on Mac successfully.
Method 1: Recover deleted SD card Photos from Mac Trash
Trash is a temporary storage folder used to save the deleted photos and files on Mac. During accidental deletion, you can use Trash Bin to restore your SD card data.
- Open Trash bin on your Mac computer.
- Locate and select the deleted photos or files which you want to recover from Trash.
- Right-click on the selected files, and click the Put Back option to restore deleted photos from Mac Trash.
After performing the above steps, the deleted images will be recovered from the Trash to their previous location. In case, if the files are deleted permanently using Option + Command + Delete or emptied Mac Trash then, this will lead to permanent loss of data.
Note: Deleting files from SD card or any external storage devices like USB, SSD, external hard drive, etc. cannot save a copy of the deleted files in Trash.
If you are unable to locate your deleted SD card files or photos on Mac Trash, then use Time Machine Backup or a professional SD card recovery tool like Remo Recover Mac to restore permanently deleted files from SD card on Mac with ease.
Method 2: Recover data from SD card using Time Machine Backup
Time Machine backup is a renowned feature in Mac system. It helps users to restore deleted oe lost data by going back in time. Before you start with this method, make sure your Time Machine backup disk is turned on.
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the Time Machine application.
- Now, tick the checkbox Show Time Machine on the menu bar.
- Connect your Time Machine Machine Backup drive to your Mac and click the Time Machine Backup icon on the menu bar to recover deleted files, photos, or videos.
- Select the Enter Time Machine Backup option
- Now you can either select the specific date on which you have lost your files or you can go back in time hourly, daily, or weekly by clicking on the upper arrow.
- Select the deleted files or photos which you want to recover and then click Restore.
Note: If you haven’t scheduled Time Machine Backup before losing or deleted files from SD card on Mac, then the deleted files from SD card cannot be restored using this method.
In such a case, it is suggested to utilize Remo Recover Mac which is the best SD card data recovery software for Mac to easily recover deleted or lost photos. It supports file recovery from various file systems including the latest APFS, exFAT, HFS, HFS+, etc.
Method 3: Recover Deleted files from SD card on Mac using Remo Recover Mac
Download Remo Recover Mac which is a user-friendly tool to restore your important files or photos deleted from SD, USB, SSD, or external HDD with ease. This Mac SD card Recovery tool is an ultimate solution to recover more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, audio files, text files, Microsoft Office files, and many more.
Make use of the following steps to recover your permanently lost or deleted photos, audio files, videos, documents, or any other files using this Mac SD card Recovery software easily.
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover Mac software to perform SD card recovery on Mac.
Step 2: Launch this Mac SD card recovery tool and select the desired option based on your need.
- Recover Files: To recover deleted or lost files under a simple data loss/ deletion scenario from the memory card.
- Recover Photos: To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or other media files from your SD card.
- Recover Volumes/ Drives: To recover files from complex data loss scenarios like SD card formatting/ reformatting, or SD card corruption.
Step 3: Select your SD card from the available list of drives to recover files deleted from it on Mac and click Next.
Step 4: Now, you can select a specific type of files such as (photos: PNG, JPEG, RAW-Image, TIFF, etc.) or (videos: .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) if you want to recover only specific file formats from your SD card or else click Skip option.
Note: After the completion of the scanning process, all the deleted files from SD card on Mac will be displayed in Data View and File Type View.
Step 5: Now, select the desired deleted files which you want to recover from SD card on Mac and click the Save option to restore them to a location of your choice.
- Make use of Advance Scan option to restore deleted files from SD card on Mac from complex data loss scenarios.
- After the completion of the SD card recovery process on Mac, you can preview your recovered photos or videos before saving them into your desired location.
- A user-friendly SD card Recovery tool designed to safely restore deleted files, photos, videos, etc. from SD card on Mac in simple clicks.
- Remo Recover Mac is compatible with all the latest versions of Mac operating systems including macOS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, and its previous versions.
- Effortlessly performs SD card recovery on Mac under various data loss scenarios starting from deletion of files to formatting, reformatting, corrupt or unreadable SD card.
- This Mac SD card recovery tool can easily recover more than 300 file types like photos, videos, audio files, text files, etc. from various brands of SD card like SanDisk, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, Sony, PNY, etc.
- Remo Recover Mac not only recovers data from SD card, SDHC, or SDXC card but it also easily recovers data from CF card, pen drive, SSD, external hard drive, and many more.
- Accidental or permanent deletion of files, photos, and videos from SD card on Mac.
- Formatting or reformatting SD card using Disk Utility without taking a backup of important files.
- Connecting SD card to virus-infected or malware-attacked devices.
- Sudden interruptions while transferring files from SD card.
- Improperly ejecting the SD card on a camera, phone, or Mac device.
- SD card becomes corrupt or damaged.
- Always take a regular backup of all your important files to avoid the accidental deletion of files or the formatting of SD card on Mac.
- Make sure you verify files before permanently deleting them.
- If your SD card is corrupt, inaccessible, or unreadable, it is suggested to first recover data before repairing it.
- Properly eject your SD card on a camera, Mac, or any other device.
- Do not connect your SD card to virus-infected or malware attacked devices.
- Avoid interruptions while transferring photos or files from SD card to another device.
You can connect your SD card to Mac with the help of an in-built card reader or by using an external card reader. Once you properly insert the SD card into the card reader, your SD card will appear on the Mac Desktop. Now, you can easily access the files saved on it. Before you remove your SD card, make sure you properly eject it to avoid data loss or corruption.
Remo Recover Mac is one of the best SD data recovery software designed to recover deleted or lost files from SD card on Mac. This tool works with advanced algorithms to safely recover more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, audio files, Microsoft Office files, raw images, etc. without altering the original content. Moreover, this Mac SD card recovery tool can also recover files from various external drives like SSD, external hard disk, pen drive, etc. under various data loss scenarios.
Yes, Remo Recover Mac is free to download. And it is available for the versions of macOS like Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc. The best thing about Remo Recover Mac is it also offers a free preview of the recovered files from SD card on Mac such as photos or videos.
Yes, with the help of Remo Recover Mac you can easily restore data from unreadable or unrecognized SD card, USB, drive, external hard drive, or SSD.
Try to insert the SD card in a different card reader or device to check if all your files or photos are visible or not.
Perform First Aid of Disk Utility to fix an unreadable or corrupt SD card on Mac.
Format corrupt or unreadable SD card after taking a backup of your important SD card files. In case, if you have formatted an SD card without a backup, then use Remo Recover Mac to restore formatted SD card on Mac with ease.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.