Many Windows XP users face start up problems when there is hardware driver issues, software incompatibility, formation of bad hard disk sectors, damaged system files. All these factors prevent your system booting safely. If you are struggling to fix it then follow below mentioned steps to troubleshoot it.
- In the beginning startup the PC and click “F8”key on your keyboard frequently, until you get Windows Advanced Boot options screen
- Choose “Safe Mode” option to run your PC and Press “Enter” key
- As you get Windows Screen, Click on “Start”, and then choose “Control Panel”. Select “Classic View” in the left column, if applicable
- Choose “Add/Remove Programs” options and uninstall any new applications you have installed recently. In addition, uninstall any recent Windows updates you have installed
- In case if you have not made any changes to PC i.e. no installed any new applications or if you have made both software and hardware changes recently
- Click on “Hardware” tab, and then click on “Device Manager”
- Have a look on list of device manager installed in system and if you notice any red or yellow marked device manager then click on them
- Click on the “Driver” tab, and then click on “Roll Back Driver” if you recently updated the driver. Click on “Disable” to disable the hardware if you installed the device just prior to experiencing startup problems
- Now scan your system with updated antivirus application
- Close all opened applications and reboot the PC
After following above mentioned steps properly, Windows XP start up problems could resolve and make your system to run as usual. However, there are chances of losing your hard disk data due to these problems such as Windows showing blue screen of death or Windows start up problems. In such situation if you wish to recover lost data then go with Remo Recover Windows software that has all capabilities to restore date even though from dead hard disk in few steps. In addition, you can easily perform raw file system recovery on Windows 7 including Windows XP, Vista and 8.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.