It’s a good choice of upgrading your system OS from Windows XP to Windows 8 since Win 8 OS is comparatively have effective features, enhancement in speed, provides greater options. If you wish to upgrade your system from Windows XP to Windows 8, then check your system requirements and follow below mentioned procedure carefully.
Before installing Windows 8 OS, you have to check for System requirements:
- Processor: 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 Gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard drive space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Steps to upgrade to Windows 8 from Windows XP:
- Initially run the PC after Windows starts normally, then insert Windows 8 booting DVD and restart PC
- The moment you restart your PC, press any key to boot from the DVD
- Suppose your PC starts normally with current version of Windows then try again by waiting until Windows prompt you to sign in, shutdown completely, and then reboot your PC again.
- Next Windows setup screen displays. There you need to select a language to install, currency format, a time and a keyboard or input method before installing Windows 8 OS.
- After entering all these information, installation will take you to next screen where you have to choose “Custom: Install Windows Only”.
- You have to select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option when updating from Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Next, it will prompt you to choose location where you wish to install and click “Next”
- Installation takes several minutes. Wait until it finishes
- After Windows 8 installs on your PC, you will be asked to select settings for your system
- Click on Use Express settings to accept settings and continue. Even you can change these settings after installing process completes.
- In next step it will prompt you to sign into Microsoft Account
- After creating MS account and go for installing update feature
- Windows will finalize your updates and then take you to your new Windows 8 Start screen.
By following above-mentioned steps, one can easily update their system from Windows XP to Windows 8. However, there are some chances of losing data while updating OS due to accidental termination of updating or file system error, etc. In such unpredictable situations, you will lose data from your system. If you would like to restore data after these instances then utilize Remo Recover Windows application because it is the most advanced and user-friendly Windows data recovery software. It is one of most safe applications to restores all types of files from hard disk, such as audio, video, pictures, documents, etc.