It is known fact that QuickTime player supports many types of video formats. But, the unknown fact is that it also works as a screen recorder. Screen recording feature of QuickTime helps to capture the things that happens on your computer screen. This feature could be helpful when you want to create your own video tutorial.
Let’s see how to create a QuickTime Screen Recordings-
- Open QuickTime media player and click on “File” menu
- From the drop down list, select New Screen Recording (Control + Command + N) option
- It opens screen recording window
- If you want to select audio input, then click on the downward arrow in screen recording window
- Here you can see three options, Microphone, Quality, Save to
Select the audio input, in case you want to record your voice as you use the computer.
If you want to create a high resolution video, then select High Quality or else select medium.
Here you can change the location to save your recording.
- After selecting necessary audio input, click on Record button
- In the next window, it has instructions about how to stop the recording
- After reading, click on “Start Recording” button
Note- You can either record the entire screen or a portion of the screen. To do that, drag the pointer to choose the part of the screen that you want to record and then click Start Recording. Adjust it by dragging the gray circles along the edges of the screen. In case, you want to record the entire screen, then click anywhere on the screen.
- Then, go to your video and start it. Open it in a full screen mode
- When the video ends, click on ESC button or exit from the full screen mode
- Then, click on Stop Recording button, it opens screen recording in QuickTime player
- After verifying the video, close it
If the recorded video has out of sync audio and video streams, then you can use VLC media player to fix the video. If it fails, then you can use MOV Repair tool to fix audio video sync problem instead of recreating it.
To open your screen recording, go to Finder and click on Home Folder. Under movies, you will be able to see your screen recording by the name of screen recording.mov. If you have selected other locations to save your file, then go there and check for .mov file. Further, note that, if you notice damage in QuickTime file, then you need not stress out. This is because it is possible to repair damaged QuickTime file using Remo MOV Repair application.