Every time we feel the need to back up our data but also feel the need to keep all the related data together in one folder. For the reason of convenience than having files all over. We resolve to Zip file to be a more specific 7Zip file. And why shouldn’t we? After all, when you can have all your data compressed into one folder it is always easier and convenient. The Zip format is the most popular format. Research has shown that 7Zip has a better compression when compared to Zip format.
Well, statistics apart, the main question is what is a 7Zip file? The answer is simple these are files with extension. They are files that are compressed archive files which are created with 7Zip software. These files have been created by using certain algorithms that can be used in compression for reducing file size while keeping the quality intact.
To be able to create multiple compressed folders there are a few steps that you will need to follow:
1. First and foremost you will have to download 7Zip on your system. Now if you do not have a lot of files then all you need to do is right click on each individual file.
2. After you have right clicked, go to 7Zip and click on archive, then click on Ok and have your files saved in the 7Zip folder.
This you can do for each individual file for multiple folders.
But if you are running short of time and you need to create multiple compressed folders at once then, here is what you need to do.
1. You have to start by downloading the 7Zip batch file because this will allow you to do things sequentially and automatically.
2. After downloading this all you need to do is select the files you want to put in the folder you have selected.
3. Now go ahead and double click on the 7Zip batch file to activate it. Once, you have double clicked you will see it go through each of these 7Zip files automatically. Thereby enabling you to create multiple compressed folders easily within a few minutes.
Sometimes, when we encounter a virus attack or due to some downloading error, there comes a possibility where the 7Zip file gets corrupted. In such a situation, you don’t have to panic because there is a reliable utility to fix corrupt 7Zip files.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.