Olympus released many film cameras which capture pictures in retro style and PEN F is one among them. It is the recent development of Olympus in PEN series camera. It is made up of high quality metal with a magnesium top and aluminum and faux-leather-wrapped body without any creaks or rattles. The camera contains aluminum dials to control it.
Like other Olympus camera it also has the same menu system, drive modes and button assignments. There are six metal dials; one is used for power that avoids accidental operation on camera; the second one is lockable mode dial and other two of them are used as command dials. You can also see these 4 dials on earlier Olympus camera.
But, the difference between earlier Olympus camera and PEN F is that extra two dials are added in this release. They are permanent exposure compensation dial and profile/filter knob. You can select any post processing options such as, usual filters, color/hue shifts, color profiling, and monochrome profiling.
Highlights of the Olympus PEN F Camera are Listed Below:
- Improved touchscreen controls
- PEN F provides higher resolution in multi-shot mode as it is embedded with TruePick VII imaging processor with 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor
- For full-sized images it makes use of traditional Micro Four Thirds sensor, hence it will work with the tons of lens
- To increase the durability, screws on the bottom of the camera are also hidden
- It made available for you to take 72 smaller images on a 36-exposure roll of film
- Creative Dial presents in front of the camera helps to switch between customizable shooting modes and also enables access to the new Monochrome, Color Profile settings, Art Filters and the Color Creator mode
- Contains built in black and white options and allows you to switch between different color modes or between black/ white and color mode
- It has built-in 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) which makes it a multipurpose camera for street photography
- It has the ability to register information like lens name, focal length, aperture for older Olympus lenses
- Takes eight photos and composites them together into a 50-megapixel picture
- The camera also has built in 5-axis image stabilization with automatic panning detection that offers slow shutter speed to take pictures without any shake
There is no doubt that Olympus PEN F camera packed with new technology and new features which are newly introduced in this camera.