“After upgrading to Windows 10, I tried to restart my computer, but it keeps rebooting. Even, I have turned off my PC by holding the Power button and restarted it. But, still, the problem exists. What can I do now?”
Even, you are stuck in similar kind of situation where your Windows 10 keeps restarting. No worries, this is the very common situation which has faced by many Windows 10 users after upgrading. Hence, here I will show you easy fixes which will help you to get rid of endless reboot loop.
Note- Before trying out any of the below-mentioned methods, restore your data from Windows 10 computer using Remo Hard Drive Recovery software. Just, remove the hard drive from the computer which has the problem and attaches it to working computer. Download the software on working computer and recover all your data. The software can also be used to restore deleted pictures from Windows 10 with ease.
Workaround #1: General Method
- While restarting your computer continuously press F8 until you get Windows logo on screen
- Once boot menu appears on screen, release F8 and select Safe Mode
- Now, boot into Windows from Safe Mode
- When Windows boots up, go to Search box and type sysdm.cpl
- Open sysdm.cpl from search results
- Now, navigate to Advanced and select Settings under Startup and Recovery
- And, uncheck Automatically restart check box
- Click OK and again restart your computer
This is the very first method you need to try whenever you stuck in reboot loop. In case, this process won’t help you to solve the issue, then try out the second method.
Workaround #2: Remove Bad Registry
- Open Run window and type regedit to open Registry Editor
- Then, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList;
- Better to back up your registry key to avoiding any kind of disaster. To backup go to File and click on Export button. Assign a name to backup and save it in a safe location.
- Next, scan through the ProfileList IDs and remove any with ProfileImagePath found in it
- Exit Registry Editor
Now, reboot your computer. It might fix the endless booting problem. If not, reinstall Windows 10 operating system.
I hope that above-mentioned methods will help you out to stop endless rebooting issue on Windows 10. You can try this method even in other versions of Windows OS if you face continues rebooting issue on them.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.