Any new operating system that comes out does have some bugs and issues. Windows 10 is no exception! If you have already upgraded to Windows 10 then you might have had some issues and problems with this new update. Here are some of such Windows 10 laptop problems and quick fixes that help resolve the issues securely…
The first and foremost issue soon after your upgrade to Windows 10 is while activating the new upgrade. When you are upgrading your genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and you need a genuine copy of it then you will have to do an in-place upgrade first.
This is because Microsoft provides a confirmation that you have a genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 key as part of in-place upgradation. Thus, it stores a record of your machine and provides digital entitlement.
With this you could install or reinstall your Windows 10 in any number of ways. In case you had done a clean install initially, then your genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 will be wiped out completely, thus losing your entire data. In order to preserve your license and perform an in-place upgrade, there are you have two options as explained below:
- Upgrade to Windows 10 through Windows Update
- You can even run the “Upgrade this PC now” option from Windows 10 site
Note - If you are wondering how to Fix Error Code 0xc0000005, click here
Unable To Install Updates on Windows 10
Windows releases several security patch updates over time. If you try to install an update on Windows 10, you may not be able to complete it.
It can happen due to corrupted Windows update files, you can remove them and update them.
- Troubleshoot with Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Delete all the corrupted files located in “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and update it once again.
Blue Screen of Death(BSOD)
It is one of the dreaded errors in the Windows 10 OS, people get thrown off when they come across this error.
One of the common causes of this error is when the drivers are outdated.
- Update the drivers on the computer.
- Run the Sfc command.
Internet connectivity problems are one the common Windows problems troubles whenever you try to access a particular website, failing to connect the wifi or a sudden drop in the signal strength.
- Check the connections.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Lear browser cache.
Unable to Install Apps from the Microsoft Store
There are times when you try to install a music app or game from the Microsoft Store, but they are either in Downloading or Pending state forever
This can be due to a cluttered cache filed on your computer, you can clear it and try installing the applications again.
- Type Windows + R and in the dialog box “WSReset.exe”, click OK.
- Now you can try installing apps from the store again.
Slow Performance Issues
If you are experiencing a slower performance, or apps not responding issues frequently on your Windows 10 computer then you can do the following to fix the issue:
- Run a virus scan.
- Clean temporary files.
- Close unwanted background apps.
- Update the system.
Overuse of Hotspot Data
Whenever you connect your mobile hotspot to the Windows 10 computer, it consumes data very quickly. Windows 10 automatic update can be the reason behind this.
You can make changes in the settings to disable it.
- Keep the hotspot connected to the computer and open Settings.
- Open Network & Internet, choose Wi-Fi on the left and click on Advanced Options.
- Switch on the Set as metered connection.
Something Happened Error
While working with your Windows 10, all of a sudden your screen would turn blue just displaying an error stating ‘Something happened’. This can be frustrating!
In order to fix such issues automatically,
- Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
- In case you are a tech-geek and experienced user then you can manually try and fix this with the Command prompt.
Windows 10’s new browser Edge is far better than Internet Explorer. It’s a simple browser that is clean and quick. But if your favorites tabs missing from the browser tab.
- To find it just click on the ‘…’ button to open the menu items, then click on the Settings option
- Once done scroll and import the favorites from your other browsers. After this select the older browser and click on the Import option.
NOTE: Refer to this attached article to learn about recovering deleted favorites in Microsoft Edge.
Sometimes, you might experience a few issues with your trackpad after upgrading to Windows 10. Its accuracy might be reduced with this update.
Initially, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers. Also, you could even check with the manufacturers to find out whether there are any newer drivers available for trackpads. If these don’t work you can adjust the touchpad’s settings.
- For this, Start - > type Touch - > press Enter
- Here you can change the delay or make any other changes just by clicking on Additional Mouse Options
- Click on OK to save the settings.
File Opens With Some Other App - Change the Default Apps
There are chances that your Windows 10 changed your default application choices and opened a file with some other app like Chrome to Edge. However, you can easily change default apps and set the one you need just by opening the Start menu, then type 'default app settings' and press Enter.
These are some of the common issues faced after the Windows 10 upgrade. If you are stuck with some major issues, then you can try to wait and hope for Microsoft to fix it with its updates. Also, if the problem is with some particular hardware or software then just remove or reinstall it.
If nothing works out then, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and then choose 'Reset this PC'. With this, your Windows will be reinstalled keeping all your personal files intact.
In case you lose any files after re-installation, you need not worry as you can recover files after reinstalling Windows easily with data recovery tools like Remo Recover software. Moreover, you can also revert back to your previous OS if you still face problems with this new Windows 10.