What is Microsoft Windows File Recovery Tool?
Microsoft Windows File Recovery Software is a free data recovery tool by Microsoft. The tool is a command prompt utility and can be used with the help of specific commands that can recover deleted or lost files.
Alright, the buzz about the new file recovery tool is not very big. This is because this new feature of Windows is not available for all users.
Yes, Windows File Recovery is available for Windows 10 to build 19041 or later versions. This feature is also available for the latest Windows 11.
That’s not the only disadvantage to it. The tool is a command prompt utility, which means there is no graphical user interface for basic users who have lost data to recover deleted files.
However, if you are not feeling confident to use the Windows File Recovery tool, you can refer to this article to find out 4 not so complicated ways to recover deleted files in Windows 11.
If you are looking for a simpler and safer option or if you are a user who is not having the latest build of the Windows operating system to use this file recovery software, then we have an option for you.
Remo Recover for Windows is a file recovery software that you can bet on to recover deleted or lost files from any drive. Unlike Windows File Recovery Software, Remo Recover has a simple self-explanatory user interface that helps you recover deleted files in a few clicks only without any commands.
The tool is completely free to try, Download the tool for free now.
Recover Files with Microsoft Windows File Recovery Software
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to recover deleted files from Windows 10/11:
- Type Windows File Recovery Software in the Search bar and double-click on the software
- You will be prompted with a question asking, Allow the app to make changes to your device, click on Yes
- The format of the command to recover files is like this
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/switches] where source drive is the drive from which you want to recover drive and destination drive is where you save the recovered data. “/” to specify the modes of recovery.
If you are looking to recover recently deleted files then you can use Regular mode with the following command to specify any file type and recover it:
- Winfr C: E: /regular /n *.MOV /n *.PNG
- Enter Y to confirm and start the recovery process.
You can make use of this Extensive Mode when you are looking to recover data from a formatted or corrupted disk.
For example, you can use the following command to recover photos from a formatted hard drive
Winfr C: E: /extensive /n \Users\<username>\Pictures\*.JPEG /n \Users\<username>\Pictures\*.PSD
Similarly, you can use the above commands by changing file formats or by specifying the filenames.
Windows File Recovery looks Complicated? Here is the Right Way to Perform Windows File Recovery
As we mentioned earlier, this Windows File Recovery Software is not a cup of tea that everyone can have. Moreover, this tool is not available to users who are using earlier versions of Windows.
Hence, we recommend a tool that puts you first and takes pride in helping you with getting back your data.
Remo Recover is the right way to recover files from Windows 10 or its prior versions. The tool supports almost all storage devices that run on any Windows operating system.
On top of that, Remo offers 24/7 technical support to assist you in recovering data. Download and try the tool for free now.
How to Recover Deleted Files on Windows 10/11 using Remo Recover?
To recover deleted files from Windows 10/11 using Remo Recover, first, you need to download and install Remo Recover on your computer. After that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download and install the Remo Recover and start the recovery process
- Select the location or Windows drive from which you want to recover your files from and Scan
- The software Quick Scan is to be complete, once the scan is complete the tool will run the Deep Scan wherein it recovers data sector by sector of the drive. (You can simultaneously recover with the Dynamic Recovery View option while the scan is running)
- Now select the folder or files that you want to recover from the Windows drive and click on Recover.
- After the scan is completed you will be able to Preview all the listed files from the Windows drive.
- Choose the needed file, click on Save, and browse for a location to save the recovered data.
Recover Deleted Files from Previous Versions
This is another free method that will help you restore deleted files for free if you have a backup file or restoration point created earlier. Follow the below-mentioned steps to restore previous versions:
- Right-click on the drive on which you want to perform deleted file recovery and select properties
- In properties, go to previous versions
- Next, select the backup file from which you want to recover deleted files
- Click on the Restore button
All the methods mentioned in this article were targeted towards helping you with performing deleted or file recovery on Windows irrespective of how you have lost the files.
We strongly recommend you back up your data regularly to avoid data loss in the future. In case you have any queries, feel free to use the comment section below.