Switched your mail platform from Windows Live Mail to Outlook? Are you stuck every time while opening email? This is because the Outlook does not provide any option to open Windows Live Mail format directly. So having no additional technique, you have search for other options.
However, there is nothing to worry about this issue at all. You will just have to convert your Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST file. This is done by importing all your Windows Live mail to the PST file. It’s just a few minutes process and your entire Windows Live data will be in your Outlook PST file. Just go through the steps below:
- First and foremost launch the Windows Mail application on your PC computer
- Then at the top of the Windows you can find “File” menu click on it and then go to the "Export" submenu and choose "Messages"
- Now, select the "Microsoft Exchange" option from the list and then hit "Next" option
- After which you will receive a confirmation message just click on "OK" button to confirm your decision to convert Windows Mail to Microsoft Outlook
- Then, just log in to your Microsoft Outlook email account with your mail id when the authentication window appears
- Choose to either convert all Windows Mail data or only specific mail folders
- Then click on the "OK" button to export the data from Windows Mail and import it into your Outlook profile
Now, your Windows Live Mail will be converted to your Outlook PST file. However, since you are doing it manually, it’s always advisable to be more careful and take back up of your emails. In case you opt any wrong option in the process of conversion then, your entire Outlook Profile will get corrupt; in turn damaging your Outlook PST file. In such cases just make use of the Remo Repair Outlook (PST) tool to repair your entire corrupt Outlook profile. It is the best Outlook data file repair tool that makes your PST file free from all errors, and you will be able to access your entire Windows Live Mail data on Outlook PST.
Point to Remember: Make sure you have taken backup of your entire emails both on Windows Live Mail client and Outlook before starting the conversion process.
Tony Landry is a Web Content Editor at Remo Software. He loves to write, edit, and manage content for users trying to troubleshoot and fix problems on Windows, Outlook, storage drives and Cloud storage networks.
He has published more than 200 articles in Remo Software blog. He actively engages in research and problem-solving techniques to consistently generate great web content. Fixing various hardware problems on computer and storage devices along with a great knack for fixing Outlook errors, Tony is also the fun-time IT guy for all his work friends. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys cycling.