Posted by: Molly Owen, Follow me: @MollyOwen_Remo
There is a reason why you are here. It is because you are facing Data loss. You have lost data that was inside your memory card. First and foremost you need to be assured that retrieving the lost data from memory card on macOS (previously called OS X). It is not that complicated as it sounds.
Let’s have a quick look on some of the possible reasons.
- Formatted Memory Card: Accidental formatting of the memory card can cause data loss.
- File System Corruption: A healthy file system is one of the pre-requisites to store and manage the data on the memory card. The card won’t be displayed on the system and hence, it will be inaccessible.
- Rough Handling of the Card: Improper handling of the memory card is one of the most common reasons for data loss. Abrupt ejection of memory card when the data transfer in progress, improper file system conversion, frequent format of memory card etc. are few of the reckless practices that leads to loss of data.
What Do You Need?
You need an efficient and a less complex data recovery software that will help you in recovering the data from the memory card. Remo Recover (Mac) is one data recovery tool that restores the entire memory card. Not just that, in case you have lost photos from your Mac, you can recover them using Remo Photo recovery software for Mac. Therefore, retrieving lost files and folders, precious media files consisting of audios, videos, images, RAW images to name a few in a definite amount of time can be achieved using the Remo Recover(Mac) Software.
Advantages of Remo Recover (Mac)
- Retrieving data on macOS versions like Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Leopard etc. is possible.
- The software recovers data from MicroSD card, MiniSd card, CF card, XD card, MMC card etc.
- The tool has an advanced scanning algorithm which shall scan and find your lost data within no time from the memory card.
- It provides you with the facility to add or edit file signatures such that you can customize and speed up the scanning process.
- Remo Recover (Mac) provides you with a ‘preview’ option which will allow you to preview all the recovered items before you wish to restore it permanently.
- It supports almost all the popular brands like SanDisk, Transcend, Kingston, Samsung etc.
- Remo Recover (Mac) also useful to recover lost folder on Mac drives with file systems like HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT32.
Here's A Step by Step Guide On How to Restore Memory Card On Mac
- Download the demo version of Remo Recover (Mac) and then install it in your Mac system
- Now, connect the memory card to the system using an adapter
- Click on the "Recover Photos" option from the main screen
- In the following slide click on "Recover Lost Photos"/"Recover Deleted Photos"(according to your need) option as shown in
- A list of all the drives will appear on the main screen. Select the drive which is representing the memory card
- You are also allowed to select the type of data that you wish to recover as displayed in the following image
- After the scanning process is over, a list of all the recovered items shall be presented to you. The tool provides you with a “preview” option to view the recovered data.
- If you are contented with the results, you can restore you recovered items by purchasing the software.
Noteworthy suggestion: If you happen to accidentally or unintentionally format your Mac system, here’s how you can retrieve data from formatted Mac.