If you are trying to open PowerPoint Presentation and encounter an error message saying PowerPoint does not open, it means the file is corrupt or might have some issue with the ppt and as te ppt file prompts for a repair.
Why PowerPoint Fails To Open?
The main reason behind PowerPoint File not opening is PPT file corruption. The presentation may be missing important elements that are required to open the document for viewing. Such as drawing objects, hyperlinks, graphs, or even text. This will render the file unreadable, thus an error message when you want to open a PowerPoint file.
You can come across a lot of errors when you try to open a corrupt MS PowerPoint. All these errors relate to the error message stating cannot open the PowerPoint file. Though each one is different and the error message will simply point out that you can't open the PowerPoint file.
The PowerPoint application may not start due to several other reasons as well.
- Too many applications opened in Windows 10 PC may stop PowerPoint tool to open presentation file.
- Low disk space available in the system hard disk partition or RAM
- MS PowerPoint application malfunction, abrupt termination of PowerPoint software
- PPT is corrupted or damaged due to virus attacks, mishandling of file, etc.
- Plug-ins or add-ins
Repair PowerPoint Files that are not Opening
While using PowerPoint or while opening any PPT file in a PowerPoint application you might encounter few errors. Errors that will not allow you to access or open the PPT File and it is totally normal. Nevertheless, if you are in a serious time crunch, such errors can put you in trouble. So, what can be the quickest and easiest way to fix the “PPT file not opening” error, just scroll down to know.
There is no need to feel alarmed, as in this article you are definitely going to resolve the issue in a few minutes.
How do I Repair a PPT file Not Opening?
Finding out that your PPT is not opening can be seriously painful. Additionally, if you have a presentation coming up, which is more troublesome, because you don't have enough time to prepare another. In such a situation, Remo is the best-suited option. Engineered with advanced repair engines, Remo Repair PowerPoint is hardwired to fix the most complicated PPT errors in a couple of minutes. Additionally, it's completely free to try.
How do I know my PPT file is corrupted?
When you try to open the PPT file you will see the following errors:
How do I fix PowerPoint not opening Files?
To repair not opening PPTX files, download & Install the Remo Repair PowerPoint tool on your PC. This is a hassle-free application that is developed by skilled professionals using sophisticated repair technology, that makes the PPT repair process completely effortless. The file repair process is done in just one shot using a few mouse clicks.
Tutorial to Fix not opening PowerPoint File:
- Launch this PPT repair software;
- Then select the corrupt PPT file using “Browse” option.
- Now the software Scans your corrupt PPT file deeply, identifies the reason for its corruption and then repairs it. Not much human intervention is required during the repair process, as the software is capable of doing everything automatically. The software sees to it that the original file remains intact even after the repair process.
- Once the repair process is over you can even view the entire repaired PowerPoint file using the “Preview” option.
- Now you can save the repaired PowerPoint file.
How does a PowerPoint File get corrupted?
Few Reasons for PPT File Corruption:
- MS PowerPoint malfunction: Improper / Incomplete installation of MS PowerPoint application may corrupt your PPT files
- Improper shutdown: Sudden shutdown of your system due to power surge and turning off the system without closing the PPT files will corrupt your PPT files
- Header file corruption: Header file contains PPT filename, its size, creation date, modification date, etc. and hence missing of any of these data will make it impossible for you to locate and open it
- Registry policy settings: If the registry policy settings of PPT files are not set properly then this will possibly corrupt your PPT files
- Interruption: Any interruption caused while downloading PPT files from internet or while transferring PPT files then there are more chances that your PPT files may get corrupt
- Macro Virus Infections: Macro viruses are programs that embed in your PPT file when you download it from internet. These programs run automatically when you open the document, causing PPT file corruption
- Human Errors: Improper managing of the PPT files while creating it or while transferring them to any other external storage device will result in PPT file corruption
Features of Remo Repair PowerPoint Utility:
- Has the potential to repair PPT files which are corrupt due to improper installation of MS PowerPoint
- Uses a single interface to scan the corrupt PPT files, discovers the cause for its corruption and then lastly repairs it
- Compatible with all popular versions of Windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, etc.
- Capable of repairing various file formats, animations, hyperlinks, OLE objects, graphics, etc.
- Easily helps to fix damaged PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2010, 2007, 2013, and other versions of Presentation file
- Non-destructive Read only software, which is 100% safe to use
- Keeps the source file unaltered during the repair process as it just copies the contents of the file
- Special mechanism to restore all the repaired PPT files and its attributes in original format
- Reads the corrupt PPT file and creates that file’s virtual structure, during the repair process
Learn more about how to fix damaged files with the help of Remo Repair tool in simple way. Read more..