Errors indicating Partition / Drive is RAW:
- “The type of the file system is RAW; CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.”
- “You need to format the disk in drive before you can use it. Do you want to format it?”
- "X:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."
…and many such. These error messages indicate that the partition on your hard drive has become RAW. It shows that the partition is not formatted with any type of file systems and hence does not allow you to access any files stored in it and thus you may end up in losing files. In such situation, use Remo Partition Recovery software and recover hard drive RAW partition.
Remo Partition Recovery Tool to Restore RAW Partition:
With friendly user interface, Remo Partition Recovery software restores data from RAW partition of hard drive or external drive with ease. You can use this utility for recovering data when partition turns to RAW due to improper reformatting process, partition table corruption, damaged file system, etc. Also, the tool will restore data from RAW drive or formatted hard drives in simple steps without any hindrance.
It provides solution to recover FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT, HFSX and HFS+ partitions hat turn RAW due to any reason. Besides RAW partition / drive recovery, the software helps to recover data from deleted partition as well as missing partition. Moreover, you can use this method to recover formatted partition even after reinstalling the Windows operating systems.
Easy Steps to Recover RAW Partition using Remo Recover Software
- Download Remo Partition Recovery Software by clicking “Download Now” button and install it on your system.
- Launch the tool and click on “Recover Partition / Drives” from the main screen.
- From the next window, choose “Partition Recovery” option.
- Select the drive from where RAW partition has to be recovered
- After scan, use Preview option and view recovered files
- Now, select the required files and save them on any location of your choice
Caution- After recovery, don’t save recovered files on the same partition/drive from which you restored them.
Preventive Tips to Keep Partition Data Safe:
- Do not add any new data to RAW partition, until recovery is performed
- Maintain regular backup of data on external storage device
- Scan your system on regular basis to protect it from virus and other harmful malwares
Other Features of Remo Recover Tool:
- It even helps to recover files lost after repartitioning your hard drive or external hdd
- Hard drives which are crashed or unbootable can also be recovered without any problem
- You can sort the recovered data based on their name, file size, creation date and extension
- Supports data recovery from RAW partitions on any Windows OS including Windows 10 & others...
- Provides “Find” option to locate the particular file among the recovered data
- Also it recovers data from SSD, SATA, SCSI and IDE hard drives that ae corrupt, inaccessible or formatted
- You can pause the recovery process using “Save Recovery Session” option and resume it later
- To evaluate the recovered files, use “Preview” option
Some of the Other Causes for Data Loss
- Corrupted partition may become inaccessible and restricts data access. At such cases, you have to format it which causes data loss.
- Formatting the partition without taking backup or selecting the wrong drive to format may result in huge amount of data loss
- You might have carried out reformatting process to change the file system of the partition. If the process gets terminated suddenly then it may result in loss of files.