Posted by: Tony Landry, Follow me: @tony_landry
Did your computer suddenly stopped booting and showed a message like “Operating System not found”, “Missing Operating System”, “Invalid partition table”, then these are very common errors which can affect your Mater Boot Record (MBR). Now you may have a question whether the data within the partition is safe after MBR corruption? No, because MBR is the essential information which is required for the OS in order to read the content of partition, and if the MBR of partition where OS is installed is corrupted then this can put you in much danger. However don’t worry because the other data within the disk is safe but you are not able to access it, but you can accomplish this by recovering the lost data from the MBR corrupted partition. What you need is an appropriate data recovery tool which can safely recover all your data, and one such software which can efficiently recover all your data is Remo Hard Disk Recovery tool.
You can deploy some precautionary measures which can save you from MBR corruption, below mentioned are some of the commonly occurring scenarios for which you may also find some precautionary measures
- If the partition is severely affected by virus or by malicious program then there is a possibility of MBR corruption, so this can be avoided by making use of reliable anti-virus program which can prevent your computer from getting affected
- Defect hard drive can damage your MBR, so frequently make sure that you have backed up all your important data into an external hard drive or any other storage device which you feel that it is quite safer
- If your hard drive have more clusters of bad sectors then this can make your data as well as MBR, bad sectors are usually formed when an end user improperly terminates the application or when the hard drive is used improperly
This are some of the common measures which can be used by a user to avoid MBR corruptions, however you cannot avoid disasters so if you have lost your data due to MBR corruption and thinking how to retrieve lost data then make use of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac).
How to make use of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac)?
- If an OS residing partition’s MBR is corrupted then remove your hard drive and connect it in another clean computer, in this computer download and install trial version of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac)
- You can connect your hard drive to the other computer either externally using a USB cable or as a secondary device (slave device)
- Launch the application and from the home screen select “Recover Drives” option, from the next screen click on “Partition Recovery” option
- Select the drive or partition from which you want to recover your lost data
- As soon as you select the drive scanning process will begin, wait for the process to complete
- If the scanning process is completed successfully then you will be provided with a list of recovered data, have a preview of all the recovered data using “Preview” option
- If you are satisfied with the recovery then purchase the licensed version of this software, because trial version does not allow you to save the recovered data
Note: If you lost data from a partition due to MBR corruption and this particular partition does not have OS installation files, then you can use the same computer for recovery. But after recovery save your recovered data at some other safer location.
More advanced features of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac)
- This software is very easy to use as it comes with simple to understand graphical user interface, this facilitates every end user to accomplish their task quickly and easily
- By utilizing this effective tool you can perform data recovery from formatted Mac volume or from formatted Windows partition
- Has the ability to recover more than 300 types of files like audio tracks, video clips, images, documents and many more
- Supports recovery from file system such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, HFSX and HFS+